How do I start a career as a motivational speaker?

Etini

Valued Contributor
When I read of people like Mark Hansen, who made a lot of money and fame by speaking to people. I am baffled. How did someone monetize his oratory to a multi-million dollar brand? My question is "what does it take to be a good motivational speaker?". How can a person start a career in motivational speaking from scratch?

Mika

VIP Contributor
A motivational speaker is a lucrative career because a lot of people have low self-esteem and they need a little nudge to succeed in their life. A lot of people also lack the motivation to become successful in life. These people are always looking forward to hearing tips and advice from successful people. That's where the motivational speaker comes in. if you want to become a successful motivational speaker, the first requirement is you are a good speaker. A good speaker does not only mean you can speak well in front of a huge crowd, a good speaker is also a person who talks on topics that the audience finds useful, interesting, and lifting. if you have what it takes to become a motivational speaker, you can first start by creating videos and podcasts and offer them through youtube and other platforms. In doing so you will build an audience and reputation