How can i stop the habit of buying what i dont need?

Ajebo25

Verified member
I have always been thought that saving is a very important part of life especially if you don't want to go broke but saving has been a hard thing for me due to the fact that I'm a lavish spender but another part is that I usually have the Habit of buying what I don't usually need whenever I have money I just have a little money and I start buying things I don't even need or sense I don't even like whenever I come across them sometimes but as soon as the money which I have is exhausted that is when I actually get myself and that asking myself why I bought those things in the first place.

Is it habit has been my problem for some time now and I have tried every way to control it but it's becoming hard to control it just looks like a spirit whenever I just have a little money sometimes it doesn't even last for a day as I can't even remember how I spent the money which is really worse everyone has talked to me about it and I still can't change it it's just like a voice in my head telling me to buy things whenever I come across them as long as I have money someone should tell me how I can control this please.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The first step is to realize that you are in the habit of buying things you don't need. If you are a consumer, this is your problem. It might be true that there are lots of other people who want what you have, but that doesn't change the fact that you want to buy it too.

You can avoid this habit by being more selective about what you buy. You don't have to buy everything now; just the best stuff. And if someone comes along and offers something better at the same price or less, don't be afraid to pass on their offer. At first I wanted to say when your money finishes, you will learn how to buy only what you need, but I thought about it, anybody can be in this situation, but that's exactly what will happen if you continue this way, and these unimportant things won't save you by then.