How can a professional student save money from his school allowance?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A professional student means one who is not working to gain focus on his studies. Usually those students are the ones who are common to suffer lack of money particularly if they come from the lower class of the society. I was one of them during my student days and I’d say that the professional students now are lucky.

With the common smart phone the student can use the free wifi in school or in a fast food outlet to work as an internet freelancer. Earning for the savings is a good objective. It is easy to earn $1 in forums that pay like Trendri. All you need to do is to make sensible posts that can fetch you 2 cents for a comment and a bigger reward for a thread.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I was a student, I used to save 5 percent of the money I received as allowances from my parents. During my 4 years of college, I managed to save a good amount. I used that money to enroll in a vocational course without putting an extra burden on my parents.

chicnthin

I feel like this thread is designed for me. I'm one of those students who don't have a work and majority of my savings these last few years came from my allowance. Though I have been seeking for easy earning opportunities like ptp forums. Since then, I don't ask for money to my parents if I'm going out or buying something. But now that classes are taken online, I don't have allowances anymore, so my only source of money is from what I earn online.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The only way to save money from the School allowance is to get micro task jobs online, mos especially if you are from the low status in the society. You could do micro task jobs on picoworkers. With this, you will earn extra bucks, it will in turn help you to save up from the allowance given by your parents.

Shaf

Verified member
I was once a student like this and I always wondered if there are ways I can use to make savings possible. This is one of the best times to start saving because one doesn't have any 'compulsory' expenses apart from taking care of one's self.

Looking back, it's not easy unless one has a source of income at that age, especially a stable one without relying on parents or sponsorship.
Trying to save money from what you are given to use for personal expenses can be hard as studying while being constrained can possibly be a reason to fail.

Getting a good online hustle can help you have extra funds to start saving with.