Home-Based Job Vs Office Jobs: Which One Would You Prefer And Why?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many kinds of jobs and each and every kind of jobs has its own advantages and disadvantages. I have been a home-based worker for many months and the last time I had a so-called "office job" was around several months ago. I was never satisfied with the job because it had many problems. This is why I quite it to become a full-time home-based worker. Right now I am a full-time online earner. However, when it comes to home-based jobs, you don't get to interact with your co-workers and other employees at the office. I would always prefer online earning as compared to office jobs. What about you? What kind of job would you prefer and what are some of the reasons for preferring a specific kind of job?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Since I have done the two for years now I think I can really Compare the two. The two have their own pros and cons as nothing in life is ever perfect but it just for one to choose the one that can work perfectly for them. For me I think I like online earnings because of the ease of work. like now I'm on my bed to typing away here which can't be Same for offline job

online job gives room for one to do other activities apart from just working from morning till night, again, you work from the confides of your room without having to deal with rude co-workers or domineering bosses.

but the only downside with online job is that if you don't have the right skills you might not be able to make good money. So online jobs needs skills hands or else one will keep making peanuts

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is no doubt that the era of office job is fast going into extinction but that doesn't mean its impacts can be so forgotten. I prefer office work most time because it is an avenue to build your network. You meet with people and interact which will may boost your confidence.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
It is no doubt that the era of office job is fast going into extinction but that doesn't mean its impacts can be so forgotten. I prefer office work most time because it is an avenue to build your network. You meet with people and interact which will may boost your confidence.

Well, I do not think that the era of working at an office will be over any sooner because many employers will simply not like it that his or her workers are not working in their presence. there came a time when people were working from home during the time of pandemic, but mostly employers would want their workers to work at office.

Good luck

Verified member
It depends on which ever one that is more profitable.though some people get more money from working from home.they don't need to go to office before getting their money.All what they need is their phone and good internet while some have an office they go to every morning and also work online as side hustle to get more income

Sikapa

Verified member
OK I can say i m doing my own job now and I'm not under any body but what I know is either home base work or office work, it depends on the person you are going to be under him or her. Some people feel free to do their office works as if is their own but others are also in hell for doing office work. Likewise, some people are also feeling better doing home base work even though they are working under someone but others are also in hell for doing home base work and is their biggest regret.

Kendy

Verified member
I prefer home based jobs to office based jobs although the both still have its disadvantages. In this case, there is a difference between online jobs and home based jobs although it still shares some similarities. There are offline jobs which gives a worker the leverage to operate from home. Some offices or companies have job positions like; customer care representative, which can be operated from home and perhaps once in a while, one could be summoned to the office to give reports or in the cases of training, workshops, seminars and conferences.

This work from home offers one the opportunity to save transport fare. I know of many people who are into home based jobs and they are paid very well. It offers them the opportunity to work with ease and it is mostly during shifts. One disadvantage of this alternative is the external challenge which has to do with electricity supply because without electricity supply, it would be very difficult to work and operate effectively, so in this case, working in the office would have an upper hand because definitely, there would be electricity in the office. This job offer shares the same privileges of working online but it is slightly different because you still have to report to a higher authority.

Rachael

Verified member
Well, inasmuch as I like working online, it still gives me some level of discomfort and inability to attain my targets due to some challenges. Concerning this, I prefer working office jobs to home based jobs. I am well aware of the benefits involved in home based jobs like; cost-effectiveness in reducing transportation expenses, ability to work without strict supervision and pressure but there are also some disadvantages like; one could be liable to make some errors when not watched closely and might find it difficult to reach out in getting proper solutions.

I am someone who likes to interact and meet new people daily and this can best be achieved when I work from the office. The transportation cost would be high but I find this a best way to learn and explore more. Being at home, there are many activities outside that one could miss and also have limited knowledge on some things. Well, it all depends on the type of job involved, the role description, the organization involved and how they treat their employees before I can finally come to a conclusion. Office jobs has a way of connecting an individual to other better offers and opportunities.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My niece is working as a call center agent which allowed her to work from home. It is very ideal for my niece because she has 2 kids and she could tend to the chores at home while doing call center work. If she would be working on the site she would earn more because of the allowances that the company would give. However, working in the office will require her to hire a nanny and that would not be compensated by the added allowance that she would receive.

For me, working from home is the best because you do not need to travel. I retired earlier than 65 years old because of the heavy traffic on the main road. It is very stressing when you are in the car for 2 hours that is moving very slow. But when it comes to quality of work maybe I would still prefer to work in an office because I am used to it.

Suba

Staff member
Even though at first my online work was only part-time, or just to fill my spare time, because at that time I was still actively working offline, but because I have been doing online work for many years, maybe I am addicted, now I have retired early so I have a lot of time to work online. and I enjoy it and am grateful.