Help! What do I do from here?

marcusfe

I seriously need people's candid opinions on this matter it's very important. I've graduated from school for sometimes and I've applied to several organizations without success. Recently one of the organizations I applied to called me and introduced a business deal to me. Though the deal doesn't sound attractive but I need advice on it. The director of the company told me the situation of the company and what they are going through at the moment. He told me that if I can work with them for just some stipend now and be running the business together until everything gets back to normal. He promised to compensate me with a key post in the organization if I can be patient with them to make things get better.
I'm very confused at this point don't even know what to reply him.

Nowadays finding or getting a job is not an easy thing. Then what I will advise you to do is if you trust the person you talked to then go for it. Even if you don't trust him or her still go for it in today's world no employment to anyone who has no experience it's very rare to get a job without having experience. So if he or she wants to just use also just be like a fool take the job work and gain experience while looking for another job. That means if you find another job it becomes more easier in that you have experience and proof that you've been working at a certain company or organisation. This will help you get the job easily in that your CV will have something to support you and you will be having referees. It is advisable that if you've graduated you look for a job if not look somewhere and volunteer so that you can get experience then open up your own business if you have the capital if not use it to look for another paying job.

Well nowadays it's not easy finding a job after graduation, and most times you might end up being at home for several years before you get a job or might not get at all, if even a slight chance comes by and even though the payment might not be huge people are willing to take the job out of boredom so as to be able to earn something. Well my advice is never put your trust in humans, they disappoint alot, him promising you a good post if the business starts moving better might be true and also not but you can manage the business with him now since you don't have anyone doing for now and at the same time be looking for a better option, like they say don't put all your eggs in one basket. While doing this one another door for a good job might just open. So keep strong and continue striving.

In as much I don't want people to settle for less all in the name of there is no job. You need to consider some factors. You need to know whether the director won't renege on the promises when things get better. You can even document the promises. Then ask for how long you need to endure. Let him be specific or what if the workplace doesn't get better till like 10 years, God forbid. Then try to analyze the salary whether it will be enough for your upkeep even after deducting your expenses. All these will determine the decision you will choose.

My mum use to say" its better to add to my CV than to join the army of unemployed graduates on the streets ". To me, that's another important angle you should be looking at. And by the way, half bread is better than none (puff-puff). I once worked as a school teacher in a school where the pay is not really sufficient to cater for me needs, but eleven months later, I got a better job. If unemployed graduates could agree to accept low paying jobs that comes their way, atleast for a start, then the number of unemployed graduates roaming the streets with brown envelopes searching for high paying job would have been greatly reduced.
I just pray that we all get our heart desires in life.