Health Benefits of Cucumber

Mika

VIP Contributor
Cucumber has a Glycemic Index of 15, which means it is low in sugar, thus, very safe for diabetic patients. Research has even proved that eating cucumber regularly even lowers your blood sugar substantially.

Normally, 100 grams of cucumber have 4 gram carbohydrates, thus, cucumber is considered a low calorie food that can be eaten by those who want to cut weight.

In 100 grams cucumber, there are less than 1 gram fats, which means cucumber is very good for people who have fatty liver, cholesterol or hypertension.

Cucumbers are rich with potassium and magnesium. These minerals help in regularizing blood pressure.

Cucumbers have electrolyte content that controls the heart rate by minimizing sodium from your blood stream.

Cucumber has a lot of phytonutrients that have anti inflammatory properties. You can eat a lot of cucumbers to mange pain.

Apart from the aforementioned health benefits, you can eat cucumber to get rid of bad breath (because compounds in cucumber kill bacteria). If you are experiencing dehydration, you can eat a lot of cucumbers. If you are experiencing constipation, you can earn cucumbers because cucumber has a lot of fiber content that help in easing your bowel movement.

The best way to eat cucumber is to dip cucumber in chlorine water or salt water for 20 minutes, wash it thoroughly and eat raw. Interestingly, if you pickle it, you will get additional benefits

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Waoo I don't really know that cucumber has a lot of benefit like this until now . only what I know is that its rich in nutrients that help yo regularize blood sugar and very good for those who has diabetes.
Though all my friends use to eat it but what makes me to dislike it is how it use to smell .
But I will be trying to eat it this time.

Xachima

Cucumber is very good for the skin it makes it glow free from acne and scars and it is also good for our eye health

Samrilm

Cucumber has a lot of benefit that it does to the body which contains numerous nutrients which helps in our health growth

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When I want to shed extra pounds, I eat a lot of cucumber. Cucumber is not only a low calorie diet, but is also a food with low sugar and low fat. My favorite way of eating cucumber is by slicing it, sprinkling salt and chili flakes and lemon juice, and ten eating it.