Finance Have You Ever Financed A Business And Became A Sleeping Partner?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Financing a busines is not an easy job and it requires you to have sufficient funds in order to deal with the miscelleneous expenses in the business. However, finance is the main thing a business requires because finance allows a business to sustain even after suffering from loss. One of the most important aspect of a business is a sleeping partner. A sleeping partner refers to a person who finances a business or rpovides funds to run a business but he or she does not participate in the business activity. A sleeping partner only invests money and earns profits. So have you ever invested finance in a business and became a sleeping partner but never actually participated in the business activities? Please do share your experience. Thanks!

Good luck

Verified member
it is possible to finance a business and still be a sleeping partner if such business is not well managed or look into properly.it is possible to loss focus and doesn't have a goal one is trying to achieve on such business.The financial aspect of such business may be eroded and such business owner may run bankrupt due to lack of information and idea about the business

funmi

Verified member
Yes. I have done this before. I have given money to someone to do a farming business and manage it in my behalf but eventually, it didn't work out well for me. The person I partnered with didn't do it well because I was a sleeping partner. When I eventually realized it, I had to stop doing business with him and we went our different ways. That was the end of our partnership and business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I do not like the sound of a sleeping partner. As per your description a sleeping partner is a financial partner who has no concern for the operation. Even if my sibling would offer me a kind of partnership I wouldn't join because I want to have a participation in the business even just a monitoring staff or maybe an inspector in the operation.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have not really financed any business before. people that become sleeping partners in business are mostly those that have a lot of money and are looking for ways in which they will invest it. The sleeping partner does not really have any business to do with the operations of the business but you can be making profit.