Has Working Online Made You Quit Your 9-5 Jobs?

Rachael

Verified member
Offline mode of jobs had existed long before the online system of earning money emanated, which still many people find it hard to believe the possibility of making money online. There are many people who were working online but either had to quit their offline jobs completely or opt to work on a part-time basis so it could afford them the time to diversify working online. I first had access to a smartphone 6years ago but even then, I had not come across any legit way of earning money online and frankly, my aim of using the internet was not even directed towards earning money, all my mind was focused on was making new friends and having access to my social media account on different platforms.

Working offline has so many difficulties and challenges especially when you are working in a place just to have money to at least feed yourself because in my country, most workers earn very little despite their academic qualifications and high level of hard work. getting to know about the legitimacy of working online and at one's schedule made me quit my offline job of home tutoring to engage both online coupled with my janitorial business. Has working online made you quit your offline jobs?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have never been employed offline before but i've got some good advice for people who are working offline and want to venture into online businesses.

It is very much important you try as much as possible to understand that working online is not something you will just venture into and start making money immediately but it requires some level of knowledge and seriousness for you to succeed.

Working offline sometimes can even make you to make money faster than working online because online jobd requires some technical knowledge and thorough understanding of the business you are venturing into. It is very much important you keep your offline job while trying to venture into another business because there is no guarantee.

If you quit your offline job and after everything you couldn't make money online, then that will be very catastrophic for you.

It is very much important you make out a very good schedule to learn things that will be profitable for you online while doing your offline.

Someone who taught me how to make money online sometime ago said that he's got an offline job he was doing before he started making money online, but he didn't quit it because you shouldn't neglect what has been giving you money because you saw something better.

Shaf

Verified member
I would not quit either an offline or online job because I've got another opportunity as far as there is a way to make both of them work. During my two years paid internship program, I still did not quit trying to make money online, even though sometimes I barely had time for it.

However, if the online job can offer me more income with less effort,.it will be better than being stuck in a toxic work environment where ones efforts are not appreciated.
One thing to ask yourself is if the benefits of quitting your job outweigh that of staying in it by far. A government job can guarantee pension as well as health insurance, and a consistent salary. An online job would not have any of that and that means you have extra expenses which you need to find a way to cover.

When the online job can provide that and more, then you can go ahead and quit.

Kendy

Verified member
The decision to start working on line was not an easy one to make coupled with the fact that I wasn't able to find a well-paying platform or site in which I can offer my services and get paid in return.
Presently, my country lacks good job opportunities for graduates with even excellent grades which makes people divert into other ways to accumulate income. The wages of a teacher in my geographical setting is as low as $10 and I am not in any way exaggerating. This has made me make a decision to work online until I am able to find a better offer or better still combine both.

My decision to work online was coupled with the fact that I had not been positively impacted in mine former job and I have not be able to make any useful investment or savings from the money I was being paid because it was not frequent as it ought to have been. Presently I prefer working online and although I am not highly skilled, I still strive each day to learn a skill or two on my own until I am able to afford the charges of acquiring a freelancing skill, particularly transcription.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is not a wise decision for people to leave their making money offline opportunities to focus on their online opportunities.

The fact still remains that making money online is not something that you can continuously rely on 100% .
You have to make sure that you are being able to have some offline alternative ways of making money too .

It is actually not going to make sense if everything you have is on the internet and you do not have any investment offline .

For people who are making money offline, I am always of the opinion that they continue with their jobs and not to quit it to come online and make money .

There are a lot of uncertain situations that may present at the cause of our trying to make money online . As individuals , we cannot predict when such things can happen, and this is the major reason why we have to try as much as possible to make sure that we also maintain our offline jobs .

I do not think there is any sense in quitting your job just to come online and make money because online making money opportunities are more prospecting and time consuming .

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I never worked in an offline 9-5 job before, I owned a business before, I manage my business the way it pleases me, and not hanging around from 9 AM - 5 PM doing jobs for an employer. I stopped my business when I saw no progress last year, covid 19 hampered my chances of breakthrough, making me do into debts, since my bills outgrew my business profit, such made me to close down and used my time to focus full-time online. I am not regretting that, because I found other opportunities to earn more, which is even more than what I was earning as a business owner offline. I still have the dream to reconsider my business in the future, but in a bigger way with better format and not operating the way it was in the past. I hate failure,, it annoyed me when i failed in my first business adventure, I don't want to experience such on the future anymore. I. Taking my time being an online earner to learn in-demand skills, and also be around crypto which is paying off gradually. I am still exploring better ways to bring more money out of my time trading the digital coins.

Working online has not and would not make me quit my offline job except for school. I believe earning online is a great way to get side income and boost your offline earnings. Since I don't do too much offline, I focus more on my offline earnings as it serves as my main source of income. If you work on platforms that pay more than what you earn offline, I think it is best if you stick to both rather than thinking of quitting your offline job. You should save your online earnings for future purposes if you receive from both sides, and use what you earn offline for your needs depending on your budgets/plans. But I wouldn't advice anyone to quits his/her offline job for online earning platform. If you can do both, do it as its a great way to boost your earnings generally.

E

eldavis

Working online has never made me quit my offline activities, personally I see no sense in giving up what I do offline just cause am making money online. There is notting wrong in having more than one source of income today. While am earning online, I would also want to earn offline as well.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I am a skilled worker offline and I only work when opportunity arises because it is always like a small contract and as such I really have enough time to concentrate on so many things to improve my life such as readings and probably working on the internet.

I will not quit my offline job to concentrate online now and I may not even want to do it no matter the amount of money I am earning on the internet . I have a skill and I have to maintain it as much as possible and one of the best way to maintain your skill is by continuous practice so as to have more experience to handle more complex things in the future..

Currently I am still upgrading and looking for more opportunities to work online , that is why I am learning a skill and I only have to do that together with my offline business

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am a skilled worker offline and I only work when opportunity arises because it is always like a small contract and as such I really have enough time to concentrate on so many things to improve my life such as readings and probably working on the internet.

I will not quit my offline job to concentrate online now and I may not even want to do it no matter the amount of money I am earning on the internet . I have a skill and I have to maintain it as much as possible and one of the best way to maintain your skill is by continuous practice so as to have more experience to handle more complex things in the future..

Currently I am still upgrading and looking for more opportunities to work online , that is why I am learning a skill and I only have to do that together with my offline business

Well, I can understand why you may not want to quite your day job. I think that there are various factors that you should consider before you quite your offline job in order to pursue your online career.

1) Never Quite Your Day Job Until You Are Ready To Do That mentally

There are many people who may love their offline job and this is understandable for sure. If you actually love your day job and if you do not want to quite it, then I do not think that there should be any reason for you to quite the job. Making money online is a great thing. You must pursue both online and offline careers to be successful.

2) Do not quit your offline job until you make residual income online

So, this is the second reason why you should not quit your offline job. Until or unless you are sure that you will generate a huge amount of income online, you must never quite your day job. If you think that you will be able to make more money online as compared to the current amount of money you make thorough a day, then you must consider online option for sure.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well, I can understand why you may not want to quite your day job. I think that there are various factors that you should consider before you quite your offline job in order to pursue your online career.

1) Never Quite Your Day Job Until You Are Ready To Do That mentally

There are many people who may love their offline job and this is understandable for sure. If you actually love your day job and if you do not want to quite it, then I do not think that there should be any reason for you to quite the job. Making money online is a great thing. You must pursue both online and offline careers to be successful.

2) Do not quit your offline job until you make residual income online

So, this is the second reason why you should not quit your offline job. Until or unless you are sure that you will generate a huge amount of income online, you must never quite your day job. If you think that you will be able to make more money online as compared to the current amount of money you make thorough a day, then you must consider online option for sure.
Thank you for your suggestion good person. Even though I may be working online and I may even have opportunity to make a lot of money from the online space , I don't really think I might be interested to quit my offline job that way , it is still something I am very much interested to do , not withstanding the type of jobs I do online.

Like some few weeks ago I had opportunity to work offline based on the type of skills I offered and I was so occupied for almost 3 weeks and during that time I have to suspend my online job because definitely working offline for me will mostly be profitable compared to the online space presently. .

Well maybe in the future I may have opportunity to make enough money on the internet but even with that I will still be very much interested to keep in touch with my offline job.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Quitting depends on so many factors like if you are making just enough to sustain you then I don't think it is ideal to keep on stressing yourself and be working two shifts, you should instead be working smart, that is, use the surplus money you are getting from the online jobs into something long term that is going to pay you enough for example you can put your money in Darwinex and they will be working for you so with time, if you are putting enough it will replace your offline work and gradually it will replace your online income.

It pays to be smart especially when it comes to finances, try as much as possible to separate your time from money, I know it is hard at the start, most of us started selling our time but as you make money do not just squander it, make plans on escaping the matrix.