Guides to becoming a freelancer

In this mini guide, I will taking you through the steps of becoming a freelancer. Please read through to the end.

1. Know your skills & services: Before joining in as a freelancer, you should think deeply on what you can render to people. Your skills would be mostly needed. Think about what you can do to tackle people's problems. This is like the foundation to be taken before the next steps.

2. Finding your audience: Next step is to find a target audience that will be interested in what you have to offer, you can engage in freelance job posting platforms or advertise and outreach your gig so as to get clients. It is advisable you do this as a newbie in order to reach a wild variety of people/clients.

3. Make a good pricing structure: What should be done next is to develop a price structure. You can start by looking at your competitors in the market, look at what they charge for similar service and pick up a good price perfect for you.

4. Create a good relationship with your client: Develop a positive relationship with clients you've worked for. A good relationship with clients would enhance partnership and new client referrals. Do high quality work and solve your clients problems so as to have a chance to build a long term relationship with them. You can also ask for reviews and rating from clients to know how satisfied they are with your work and also gives room for improvement.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Freelancing is one of the most beautiful ways in which you can be able to make money online . This means that you are going to be working from home and mostly remotely so a lot of your clients are going to be coming from all over the world . You definitely need some skills to be able to offer I like graphic designing all mobile web development or a content writer but then you should also have some good soft skills also .

Knowing your platform . It is very important that you should know where your clients are residing online and it is going to be very difficult for you to be able to sell to clients who are bothered about technological investment by strategically position yourself in Instagram .

Have good communication skills . Your ability to be able to explain things very swiftly to clients and also to be able to listen to their questions and answer them politely is going to ensure that they are going to hire you over and over again .

There are also some clients who are very heavy about time and I thought you should always ensure that you tighten your time management skills .

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Freelancing is good for those who like to do things on their own. Becoming a freelancer gives your opportunity to be your own boss. The following are steps you need to take to make full-time income with freelancing.

Learn Digital Skill
You must have a skills which you want to sell in the fearless marketplace. It is very important to learn digital skills that are profitable and do not require much stress to deliver.

You can learn about graphic design or animation just to start with. Udemy is one of the best places to learn digital skills at cheaper price.

Once you have mastered the skills the next thing is to sign up with freelance platforms. You can start with two different platform at first just to acquire knowledge on how freelance marketplace works. You start with Fiverr and Upwork.

Set Up Your Gig
After signing up the next thing is to set up your gig pages. If you don't know how to go about it, you can simply check what other people are doing in the marketplace to have an idea of what to do. Do not copy what others have done.

Deliver Quality Service
Once you start receiving orders, you should focus on delivering quality services to the end users. This is how you are going to build reputation in order to make more money.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Freelancing has really become one of the hottest online ventures in which a lot of people are very much interested on currently because of the kind of opportunity it offers to people all over the world who have skills and want to monetize it. there are many people that have several skills and they always ask questions of how do to monetize their skill after they might have acquired it and of course the answer is to venture into freelancing platforms. There are so many of them such as Fiverr, upwork, freelancer and then over the others.
If you really want to become a successful freelancer, the first thing you should do is to try as much as possible to acquire the necessary skill depending on what interests you. If you have very much interested in writing articles for people for example then you need to master it well. the next thing you should do is to look for a very good freelancing platforms that will give you the opportunity to succeed. The truth is that most of them are saturated but with proper knowledge and guidance, you can definitely succeed.
After that you need to start applying for jobs and with consistency you will definitely succeed.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think that there are various important kinds of aspects related to being a freelancer and I think that possessing the right kind of skill is one of the most crucial things when it comes to being a freelancer. Freelancing is a wide field that involves being a graphic designer, a transcriptionist, a writer, a translator, etc. So you must know what you are able to do. Secondly, if you do not posses the skills to become a freelancer, then I would suggest that you should start learning the skills and use those skills to make money. You do not necessarily need to be a freelancer to make money online. You could start a blog and start freelancing on your own blog and make money.

Apart from that, if you want to make quick money, then you may work on various freelancing sites that offer freelancing work and article writing jobs to writers. You must know that you will be competing with other freelancers and I think that this is one of the crucial aspects of online freelancing. This is one of the biggest reasons why I do not work on freelancing sites and prefer working on paid to post forums. I prefer contributing my time and skills to paid forums.