Great business idea to work from home

Moni2402

Party Planning Business

I personally believe that a party planning business can be a rewarding and profitable opportunity for someone who is outgoing, organized, caring, and has the knack of animating and coordinating events. Unlike other options, a party planning business doesn't require a lot of capital or specialized space. However, figuring out how to start a party planning business requires some basic steps that are similar to all home businesses, as well as some steps that are unique to the business.
Some of these steps are:
-Find out what kind of party planner you want to be. While many party planners delve into multiple types of clients and events, most others find their niche and specialize. You can always change the type of business you do later, it helps to think about these questions in the planning phase.
-Consider your education and experience. You don't need a college degree to start a party planning business - many planners have bachelor's and advanced degrees in a variety of related areas.
-Talk to a lawyer or someone else who knows local business laws. Although party planners typically do not need a license, some state or municipal governments may require one. Because the holidays often involve large and possibly unruly crowds, investing in liability insurance for your business is also wise.
-Learn more about the party planning industry where you live, find out about local competitors, and consider their styles and approaches. Keep this in mind when determining your niche. Try to distinguish yourself as unique in some way by offering a different kind of service or experience.
-Write a business plan. That is, write exactly what niche you plan to fill and how your business will achieve it.
Create a market analysis for the sector. Use the information you collected earlier to determine the size of your potential market. Determine the fees you will charge for your services and the target income you will have to aim for.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I believe when you say party planner, you equally mean't an event planner. Why event planning is a kind of job that sprang up quite recently and has really gain a wide recognition as people this days depend heavily on those that will put their event together to bring about flexibility and comfort for those that will be hosting it. In my country the role of event planners has really come to start and it is indeed quite a rewarding career to venture into as it doesn't really require must effort to become one, only that one must be vast In terms of trending styles and and trending events. That will give the event planner the cut out advantage over his or her competitor in the field. Although as an event planner there are alot one must have in mind. Because one can not just be a very good event planner by sitting at home as one truly needs to invest ones time and energy in socializing because they is the way you will be able to win contracts from prospective clients and one must also try to attend social gatherings this will grant one the opportunity to learn more and add to experience.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honestz party planner or in their colloquial, event planner is the talk of the town these days. Many people don't have time to be planning their parties any longer, they need the service of someone that can do these for them.

But we need to consider some factors before trying to delve into this kind of business. We just don't go into it because it is lucrative but the following factors need to be consered .

There is need to know our personality trait. There are some people that are introvert, extrovert and ambivert. It is always good for a event planner to be an extrovert. A person that will always like social gathering. If you fall into the category of the introvert, there may not be much need to consider this type of business as something that you can do.

Also, we need to be a social media person who will be connecting with people for him to know those that have one event or the others. It is not a gainsaying that there are parties every day, so to be abreast of these events, we need to make sure there are connection of people that we know and they are feeding us with news on what events are holding and when .

A party planner needs qualified team of good cook and chef, musician and even decorator to work with. If all these factors are properly put in place, there is truly a long way for such a person.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Event management is very profitable business in my place as well. However, in order to manage an event you need a lot of experienced staff, mostly people who have worked in the hospitality industry. You need cooks, waiters, helpers, decorators, musicians, etc. You also need a lot of investment because you will need tents. furniture, cookwares, etc. I have never been in this business but I have see people in this business and based on what I have seen I think this is very difficult business. You need a lot of recommendations to attract customers, however, when you are new, getting recommendations is very difficult.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You either do not know what exactly is party planning business or you do not know what exactly is work from home business. Party planning means event management, which requires you to organize events. In order to organize an event, you need a venue, you need staff, etc. This requires you to actively work in the field and coordinate with a lot of people. How can this be a work from home business. Work from home means you do not have to leave the comfort of your home to work. A dropshipping business is a work from home business, online store can also be a work from home business in some ways.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have a nephew who is a wedding coordinator and party planner. His team is his wife and a cousin. They also handle catering but only through their connections. The most profit in the business is the coverage of the event because that is actually his main business. He has the camera and equipment for editing. The trick in his business is to give a lower price for the party planning with the condition that he would be handling the coverage for the video and pictures. For the regular event (usually for 100 persons) he earns a profit of 300,000 pesos (that’s about $6,000) which is not bad at all. The beauty of his business is that he works from home because usually the client would not go to his office because he is the one to go to the client. His marketing is done in the internet particularly in social media.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I know someone who is into this kind of business and she's probably making a whole lot of money from it. She is a family friend and has an event place where people pay to host their occasions or birthdays.

The truth is that the business is really very much thriving especially if you are in the urban area and a place where there are a lot of rich people. You will find out that they will usually pay you a lot of money in order to host event in your place.

The truth is that the business costs a lot of money because in order to get a land and build a house in an urban area it costs millions but if you can be able to get the money and do it then you probably stand a chance of making a whole lot of money from it on the long run.

You also need to have a social Media account if you are into this kind of business because it will help you to get more people..
You also need to make a sign post in form of advertisement in the city centre, so that people can see your event place and probably patronize you as the case may be.

Setho

VIP Contributor
It is a very good thing that you have decided to start working from home because there are a lot of potentials from it and you can be able to benefit a lot of things like flexibility and also you are going to be your own boss . Whenever you are choosing the right job to start it is important that you should do something that you are passionate about and you believe that you can be able to do it to the best of your ability .

1. E-commerce. Especially if you were having an offline store you can choose to open an e-commerce store as well . You can then be able to partner with third-party agents who are going to deliver it to your target customers as they need them .
2. Digital marketing . Digital marketing is the way in which you can be able to meet customers especially with the use of electronic means like social media and search . It also expands to cover other things like local search engine optimisation and also email marketing . A lot of companies are usually willing to pay hundreds of Dollars to people who can be able to make them get the best out of this opportunity .

E

eldavis

Though people don't talk much about it, running an indoor kitchen is also a great way to make money from home. I have a friend who is in school, she has some cooking skills, so she decided to start a order and delivery, from there she now has her brand where people make special orders, she prepares them then pays a rider to deliver to them and she is making good money form it. I believe with time she would grow it to a mini eatery.

kings11

Home based services and business thoughts include:
  • Coaching.
  • House keeping.
  • Independent composition.
  • Individual preparation.
  • Virtual help.
  • Canine strolling.
  • Advertising.
  • Planning.