Get Paid to Write: Blogging Vs. Freelance Writing

Mika

VIP Contributor
Writing is a popular method to make money online. Everyone has his or her own opinion and experience when it comes to making money as a writer. In this post, I will make a comparison between blogging and freelance writing. I have tried both and have made money through these methods, so the opinion expressed here will be based on my personal experience.

Freelance writing basically means selling your freelance writing services through freelancing platforms. You can either sell your service or apply to freelancing jobs and start making money. This method of making money is absolutely free. The only requirement is you need language and writing skills. You need skills with different kinds of writing such as articles, ebooks, technical writing, SEO writing, etc. Freelancing platforms are competitive but if you are skilled, you can actually work and get paid as a writer.

Blogging requires some investment (for a domain and hosting). Blogging also requires website management skills. In order to make money as a blogger, you need to be a skilled writer, SEO master, and Digital Marketing expert. You can make money through your blogs in multiple ways but you will have to work hard on building traffic, which might take months, even years.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I like to start with article writing because I know it is a fast wsy of making money thsn blogging. I know that blogging can get one money as well but it doesn't come as fast as article writing. I know blogging will give one passive income and one can eat from it for a long time but it needs a lot of work

I had a fun blog years back on bloggers though I did it for fun but it was stressful keeping up because you need a good amount of traffic to keep the blog going, so one needs to keep updating the blog to keep attracting visitors.

But for article writing you just write your article and get paid after the client have ascertain that the article is right and just it should be. So article writing is easier to make money with writing articles but blogging with give one passive income for a long time

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you are a freelancer you will actually sell all your works to people and you will not make money from it again. freelance writing is very good because it can make you money immediately and if you are very good in what you do you can use it to raise a lot of money but the chances of making passive income from your writing may not be there.

This is why blogging is very unique because an article you write today can continue to make you money even in next 10 years. That is why it is always advisable for you to have your own blog even if you are into freelance writing.

The reason is because your chances of making passive income from the articles you have written for years we'll be there. that is why so many people are eager to pay so much amount of money for you to write articles for them.