El-Salvador to airdrop $30 worth of BTC to its adult citizens

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The $30 bitcoin Airdrop is aimed at encouraging the student towards using the wallet developed by the country as they plan to make bitcoin a legal tender in the country.
The country spent a lot of money in building the app and in giving the citizens that download and use the app $30 .
I only hope that El Salvador will succeed in this their plan less the money spent will be a waste.
That's what they're working for, trying to earn dividends from their creation in the future. It will be a major loss if they never recoup the amount of money spent on developing the wallet app and the $100+ million offer to their adult citizens who downloaded the wallet app, and participate in the airdrop.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
This is a very welcome development coming from El Salvador. Air-dropping $30 to its adult citizens will really attract the attention of most of the citizens especially those that does not believe in cryptocurrency. This is a very good strategy to make their citizens know how cryptocurrency really works. They've seen the potentials in cryptocurrencies and are capitalising on it.
That's what good government is all about, they've done that to its citizen cos they have vision that crypto will become a legal tender source of investment and payment option worldwide that's why they've adopted it hoping it goes that way. Let's just hope their investment becomes fruit for them long time so others will regret why they doubted the coin's potentials.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is a very welcome development coming from El Salvador. Air-dropping $30 to its adult citizens will really attract the attention of most of the citizens especially those that does not believe in cryptocurrency. This is a very good strategy to make their citizens know how cryptocurrency really works. They've seen the potentials in cryptocurrencies and are capitalising on it.

Josemendez

Verified member
Even though the country is trying to adopt bitcoin as a primary currency, I do not see it happening because bitcoin takes a long time to confirm transactions. can you wait for hours in a shop just to confirm yout $10 worth of payment to the shopkeeper? It is easy to make payments but not an easy option when it comes to confirm transaction.
Thank you for bringing this. This is part of the reason why some of the citizens of El Salvador are not comfortable with the country's decision to have bitcoin as a legal tender in the country. If they can only build their wallet to use lightening network , then they will not enjoy using bitcoin as payment method because the transaction can take time to complete

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Even though the country is trying to adopt bitcoin as a primary currency, I do not see it happening because bitcoin takes a long time to confirm transactions. can you wait for hours in a shop just to confirm yout $10 worth of payment to the shopkeeper? It is easy to make payments but not an easy option when it comes to confirm transaction.
If you make use of Binance smart contract blockchain which is the BTC Bep2. The transactions around BTC is made run faster. You can try that you'll confirm what I'm saying.

Now that the price is low, the coin isn't much on demand, so the blockchain won't be busy like before when processing BTC to another user. Remember the higher the marketcap the more congestion in the blockchain.

Mika

VIP Contributor

sincerem

VIP Contributor
They are some citizens that are not quite comfortable with what is happening because of the challenges pose by bitcoin. Some of them are not literate enough to use bitcoin as a payment method and those of them that will receive it may not know how to tackle it's volatility.
The citizens have to be educated to achieve this.
You're right dear. This kind of intricate challenges writes majority of them off cos Of less knowledge towards understanding how to transact around crypto, unless they're lectured properly to avoid any misconception or misunderstanding transacting with Cryptocurrency, cos any mistake done will cost them losing everything that's why they're afraid too.

Josemendez

Verified member
Since its the government that is in support of the adoption of the coin. Don't you think it will be a popular choice around the people? They'll already won over majority of its citizens minds by airdropping the $30 worth of BTC for them when they download the wallet app. The problem they'll face is transacting as their main currency internationally. Let's see how it goes, i don't see them accepting defeat, before they made this move they've already planned for it.
They are some citizens that are not quite comfortable with what is happening because of the challenges pose by bitcoin. Some of them are not literate enough to use bitcoin as a payment method and those if them that will receive it may not know how to tackle it's volatility.
The citizens have to be educated to achieve this.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Where I am seeing more threats is in the international monetary fund and the regulators in the country. If these bodies were able to use legal orders to stop this actions , then there is no way they can recover the money spent on both building the app and in the Airdrop.
However with the way things are , I Think they will not easily accept defeat because they have spent much already
Since its the government that is in support of the adoption of the coin. Don't you think it will be a popular choice around the people? They'll already won over majority of its citizens minds by airdropping the $30 worth of BTC for them when they download the wallet app. The problem they'll face is transacting as their main currency internationally. Let's see how it goes, i don't see them accepting defeat, before they made this move they've already planned for it.

Josemendez

Verified member
That's what they're working for, trying to earn dividends from their creation in the future. It will be a major loss if they never recoup the amount of money spent on developing the wallet app and the $100+ million offer to their adult citizens who downloaded the wallet app, and participate in the airdrop.
Where I am seeing more threats is in the international monetary fund and the regulators in the country. If these bodies were able to use legal orders to stop this actions , then there is no way they can recover the money spent on both building the app and in the Airdrop.
However with the way things are , I Think they will not easily accept defeat because they have spent much already

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The news gotten from direct source 'Cointelegraph. Stated that, El-salvador's President has announced to distribute $30 worth of BTC in an airdrop way to El-salvadoran aldult citizens that participates in downloading the country's BTC digital wallet to hold BTC and other digital coins.

With the statistics calculated on how much the government needs to spend to meet up the requirement of distributing $30 in airdrop to its adult citizens. That will cost them over $100 million of investment considering the population of 6.5 million El-salvadoran adult citizens.

Zack Guzman, yahoo finance anchor quickly run an estimate using the figure of 6.5 million El-salvadoran adult citizens. He came to conclusion that it will cost the government total of $195 million to airdrop $30 worth of BTC to its adult citizens.

With this development its set to increase BTC global user base by extra 2.5% with this quick adoption of BTC by El-salvador's government.

Josemendez

Verified member
The $30 bitcoin Airdrop is aimed at encouraging the student towards using the wallet developed by the country as they plan to make bitcoin a legal tender in the country.
The country spent a lot of money in building the app and in giving the citizens that download and use the app $30 .
I only hope that El Salvador will succeed in this their plan less the money spent will be a waste.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
This is done to make the people of El-Savador to have a taste of Bitcoin lol. At least they will know how it's and how it works, before they start using it fully well.
This will also boost the value of Bitcoin as we may have a typical bull-run very soon. And I think this is best time to buy the dip, we may have 200% Bitcoin value in our hands very soon.
El-salvador govt knows the best that's why they've prioritize such idea to make it come to fruition. This one is a long time plan, they want to see BTC adoption being a long time investment scheme for the people of El-salvador. Surely BTC will move higher, let's just suffer the bearish, time of bullish us coming, 200% is achievable in the near future.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
This is done to make the people of El-Savador to have a taste of Bitcoin lol. At least they will know how it's and how it works, before they start using it fully well.
This will also boost the value of Bitcoin as we may have a typical bull-run very soon. And I think this is best time to buy the dip, we may have 200% Bitcoin value in our hands very soon.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
think the government are really making sure the adoption and awareness of crypto curreency is improved , because they are looking for different possible ways and medium they could improve the revenue of their country , this is a very good innovation been done by the government hopefully more crypto users love the acceptance and use of it then make the useage more popular
It takes only innovative mind to make this work, and the govt of El-salvador is innovative, by looking up to the future, calculating the benefits this adoption of BTC will bring and decided to implement it as their alternative currency for both local and Intl transactions. The world is in complete support of their revolution, and many have learned from them too.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
think the government are really making sure the adoption and awareness of crypto curreency is improved , because they are looking for different posdible ways and medium they could improve the revenue of their country , this is a very good innovation been done by the government hopefully more crypto users love the acceptance and use of it then make the useage more popular

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't really think it's a wise decision from a very small country like El Salvador. Considering the economic influence, I doubt if the money they will make from taxation as you have claimed will be proportional the total amount in cash they are willing to distribute to their adult citizens. They must have had plans because the president seems determined, it's evident in the new geothermal powered bitcoin mining rig he just built
Before El-salvador's govt embarked on this journey, they've already pictured what the future holds for them, if their will be means of investment return or not. They evaluated all this before making their ambition known. I believe they'll recover their invested funds in the future when the expected becomes reality in the nature or the coins.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I don't really think it's a wise decision from a very small country like El Salvador. Considering the economic influence, I doubt if the money they will make from taxation as you have claimed will be proportional the total amount in cash they are willing to distribute to their adult citizens. They must have had plans because the president seems determined, it's evident in the new geothermal powered bitcoin mining rig he just built

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Gee, that airdrop is such a big capital for the country to spend. Think if the $30 is in their currency then that can be used to stir the economy. With the crypto they might be trading that can stir the crypto industry but not the economy. If the money is not spent on commodities like food then it is like encouraging the public to be crypto users. There's no benefit to the country. Only the crypto wallet owners will benefit from that not to mention the trading platforms.
The country will benefit enormously cos they're the ones who own the wallet/exchanger site which they're airdropping for. They just want everyone of their adult citizens to get inline with crypto investment and being familiar with transactions that relates to BTC and others. They just want to move full-time into digital transactions and strengthen their economy through taxation from the exchange they own and other numerous.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Gee, that airdrop is such a big capital for the country to spend. Think if the $30 is in their currency then that can be used to stir the economy. With the crypto they might be trading that can stir the crypto industry but not the economy. If the money is not spent on commodities like food then it is like encouraging the public to be crypto users. There's no benefit to the country. Only the crypto wallet owners will benefit from that not to mention the trading platforms.