Eat Rice to lose Weight

raaman

Valued Contributor
Nutritionists say that there are benefits of white rice for dieters. Normally, doctors are advising their patients to give up rice in their weight loss diets. However, experts believe that this is not worth doing, because there are beneficial properties of rice.

According to them, the properties of rice can be an excellent help for losing weight. First of all, according to nutritionists, rice is a good source of healthy carbohydrates, and a person's energy level depends on this carbohydrates contained in rice.

Rice contributes to the appropriate functioning of the brain, and the contained niacin, vitamin D, calcium, fiber, thiamine, and riboflavin help all body systems to work together. The nutritionists say that this is due to the rich set of vitamins and minerals.

Jonaville

This is actually the first time I'm hearing something like this. Rice contains a considerable amount of starch, so I wonder how it can contribute to loss of weight. You mentioned that rice is a good source of carbohydrates, you also said it's contains Vitamins, but how does this actually contribute to a loss of weight?

Empress

Verified member
White rice cannot be use for weight loss however eating diets high in whole grains like brown rice have more consistently been shown to aid weight loss and also helps in maintaining a healthy body weight so rice is still a good part of a balanced weight loss plan you can try it out

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't know if rice is actually good for people who are interested of losing weight,Rice is a carbohydrate that is consumed by a lot of people. people who are really interested of losing weight should ask the internet or ask their own personal doctor about the type of food they should eat and things to avoid if they are interested in losing weight.

AfriPeeps Official

WOW, I hope this is really the fact, this is the first time I will be reading an article about health that claims eating rice do reduce obesity and weight. There is so.eone I know of, she is fat and funny enough she eats a lot of rice, rice and beans is her best food.