Downloading apps for digital wallet has the risk of a malware

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There is a new malware that is present in apps that when you download it can steal the contents of your digital wallet. It is present in fake apps though. The description of the malware is like a trojan horse that stays in your system for a time before attacking to steal. The discoverer named it ElectroRat to mean it is a pest.

The style of the malware is to collect the digital wallet keys. The estimated number of systems that are infected by the malware is more than 6,000 according to Intezer Labs. This is a warning for crypto users to be discerning when downloading apps for their convenience with the crypto wallet. Although the infection comes from a fake app but users sometimes can be confused and fooled. With the emergence of this first hacking app expect some more of its kind to be born within this year.

Razor1911

There is a new malware that is present in apps that when you download it can steal the contents of your digital wallet. It is present in fake apps though. The description of the malware is like a trojan horse that stays in your system for a time before attacking to steal. The discoverer named it ElectroRat to mean it is a pest.

The style of the malware is to collect the digital wallet keys. The estimated number of systems that are infected by the malware is more than 6,000 according to Intezer Labs. This is a warning for crypto users to be discerning when downloading apps for their convenience with the crypto wallet. Although the infection comes from a fake app but users sometimes can be confused and fooled. With the emergence of this first hacking app expect some more of its kind to be born within this year.
Yes I do agree.since these are the apps and software we download from third party sites, it may contain malware or ransomware which may affect our PC or mobile. that is why it is advisable to download apps from either Google Play or Apple app store. It is important to create wallet only in reputed wallet providers only.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's why we need to be careful enough when dealing on apps, we don't need to download every crypto or financial wallet we see in the Google play store. Some have the reason of stealing peoples funds by inserting their personal finance details elsewhere to do phishing. That's why i conduct researches, ask experts about the legitimacy of any app before going on to download.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am always surprised to see people trying different kind of apps. There are already a lot of trust worthy apps, why should some one try new apps or apps that are not popular with the users to trust the crypto currencies. I use Coinbase wallet in the mobile app version as well as web version. You can trust coinbase.