Does overworking lead to stress.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Guys we all already know that the answer to that question above is yes , overworking in deed can lead to stress but why do we think so ? A lot of people today I have been over attached to their various business and work whether self-employed or working as an employee under someone who is an employer , so that they will be able to accomplish their business expected goals and objective . And in the course of accomplishing their business goals and objective over work themselves thereby not having time to take care of their physical bodies .

Researchers and health analysts have come to the conclusion that in a particular country almost 1,000 people are been stricken with stress caused by being overworked and health underpaid . We human beings should understand that's for us to wise-fully and sensibly manage our business our health which include our mental sanity must be put in the right order and Position , in order to achieve our expected business and work goals and objectives . A lot of people die each day as a result of stress which make it a reason to avoid being stressed out . In order to avoid being stressed out we need to cut down the time we spend on our business and work , in other words we need to leave sometime we can use to carry out health and other health-related benefits : like interacting with others , having a good sleep , eating a healthy balanced diet , meditating , spend more time with our natural environment , listening to music and finally engaging in other self relaxation activities .

Ganibade

Verified member
Overstress is not good in any circumstance. Starting work without a plan will lead to over stress, and this over stress causes a lot of problems in the body system, which can lead to severe and chronic disease. Over stress causes weakness of the body, especially when the nerves and the bones are exhausted as a result of over stress. The person will not be able to carry anything again, even though it can result in death. If proper care is not applied on time, it is advisable to work for 8 hours a day and make sure you relax and eat better foods to recover the energy lost when you are doing the job. When you see a distressed or infected part of your body, consult a doctor immediately before it is too late.

Last edited:

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I'm no advocate of overstressing self for whatever reasons. The truth remains that health is wealth without a good health you can't even function well, so why would one even overstress because of trying to gather money. infact when you are down from that exhaustion you would probably spend all the money you had gathered to take care of your health. you should know that it is only the living that can make money so avoid putting up ourself under any kind of stress.

one thing that I have noticed about people that falls under stress is that they don't even take adequate rest. if you are working long hours at work. the best bet is to go home and sleep. But no some people would go to clubs, visit friends or do other things outside their homes and get to bed very late. I think this is where exhaustion sets in.

if you want your body to be refreshed daily then take a long night rest at least 8 hours you would be totally refreshed and ready for the next day task. I know how I used to feel after attending some night vigils after work. I had to totally stop that because it was telling on my health.

Ayeshabashir

Everyone thinks that money is everything and for gaining or earning this money he struggles a lot .Even he will completely forget that health is wealth. If there is no health then it means you will unable to earn a wealth in your life.
Overworking leads to many health related issues and problems. When we continously work the whole day without relaxing or resting then at the end of day ,your will sickness,fatigue, headache and pain in your body.But your physically health is disturb due to overworking but also your mentally health will also effect due to this. You will slowly going to stress and depressive condition .When you waste your energy in doing work then you will feel body weakness and due to weakness, your body will face many health serious and chronic diseases.
So do not put too much burden of your work on your body that it will not bear.And try to withdraw some time from your busy routine life in which you should do some enjoyment.You can go to parties with your friends,spent time with your family members and do excercise because all these things helps you a lot in releasing the stress from your body by keeping your body healthy and fit

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Is very correct that when we worked ourselves, fatigue will definitely set in and you won't be able to be very productive. I have had the cause to work myself out and after doing this, I discovered that I was not productive anymore, fatigue sets in and all my body become very weak. The job that would normally take me 2 hrs to accomplish, takes me 4 good hrs. It was then I discovered that pushing myself further will not help me, I just have to go rest. I took a bath, use a pain killer and then slept for just 2hrs. Something awesome happened, I became brand new , fresh ideas started crossing my mind and I was able to work in shorter time. The more hours you spend working non stop the more you will get tired so easily and your productivity will reduce dramatically. It's always good to take rest to ensure optimum performance. That is exactly what I learnt. You will also need to work out plans on how to achieve your daily target. This will definitely limit stress because you already have everything planned out, provided that you have set realistic goals for yourself. This will be your guidance towards achieving your daily targets.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
What I know is that overthinking can have a dangerous side effects because it may also lead to stress, not really the stress of your body being tired of different activities but it might even lead to increase in high blood pressure which might affect you if proper medical attention is not acquired.

The most important thing is for us to try as much as possible to avoid overthinking because that won't really help us in any way. And in whatever might be the reason why we are thinking, we should try to solve the problem instead of thinking over and over again about the problem. The thinking won't really have a way of helping the problem solve by itself.

I can understand a situation that you are thinking of how to deal with a particular problem, that may be quite different because that may not necessarily plunge you into depression because when thinking of solving a problem it might not likely comes with any depressing emotions.

Sometimes stress is always as a result of so much activities. This is one of the major reason why so many people are stressed up , because they are just trying to engage in so many things within a limited time.

SensationalEd

Yes. Overworking leads to stress and even more. Overworking not only lead to stress but gradually lead to system shutdown. Rest is necessary, and working hard shouldn't always lead to overworking. Take time out and rest .

Abigael

Valued Contributor
It is very true that overworking does cause so much stress, anxiety and other physical and mental health issues. It is best for one to really take care that they don't end up working too much and developing such issues. That is why taking rests like going out of work from 5pm and taking a quality sleep at night is very important.

You can also get a job where weekend breaks are given. That is so good for you so that you can just be Free from work on weekends where you just relax, spend time with family and do the things you wish to do alone but can't because you have been working.

There is so much power in spending time with family and friends. That is why you should create time for them. Not only is it enjoyable but it also helps with your mental health. So learn to make it a must for you to have family dinners and movie nights.

There is so much emphasis in getting a quality sleep. Most workaholics will bring their unfinished work to their home so that they can keep working at night instead of sleeping. This is so unhealthy and will only rob you of your quality rest.