Does honesty pays at work

Axis

Banned
In the business sector today the quality of being honest is found lacking among workers. And this can lead most times to loss of job and unemployment as well. Sometimes even in small scale businesses or dishonesty is still prevalent this can happen as taking measurements withdrawn measuring instruments, increasing the prices of goods and services that were not meant to be high, being fraudulent and deceitful when having dealings with a client or customer, not keeping to time when you have an appointment or a good or service to deliver with your customer or client. And such factors have led to many consequences sometimes into leads to unemployment,loss of job and bad reputation at work.
When you are honest you tend to tend to impress your employer that is your boss and this can result into many benefits such as gaining his trust receiving double promotions and also increase in salary, and setting good examples for other worker has to follow, and this can even make you have a good reputation at work in which people will like to associate and have dealings with you because of being honest. Everyone should take the initiative to be honest in whatever they are doing at work but a large-scale business or in small-scale businesses

King bell

VIP Contributor
The answer is yes and no.
For example, if you show up every day eager to learn, your boss or coworkers won't be able to leave you behind even if they don't like anything you're doing.

On the other hand, if your workplace is full of time-wasters and slackers, then being honest about what works for you might not pay off.

So maybe the answer is that it depends on the workplace culture. If everyone's already in agreement about what's "right" then being honest is almost always rewarded. But that doesn't happen often enough and so many workplaces are still full of dishonesty regardless of what side they fall on.
When honesty doesn't pay

The reason honesty doesn't always pay is that there are so many different ways to screw up. Imagine if you had to say about every decision you made, "I thought that was a good idea. In fact, it's one of the best ideas I've ever had, but I'm going to go against my better judgment here and do the exact opposite anyway."

It would be hard to say anything unless you were deliberately trying to hurt yourself. The very act of choosing between what you believe is right and what sounds right at this point would be the problem.