Business Ideas Does environment influence business idea?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Human at times are the products of the environment of where they live. But most of the time, there are some individuals who refuse to be limited by the environment they live. They do all what they can do to shape their environment instead of allowing their environment to shape them.

There is a particular member I do follow his thread here and I do see him posting new business ideas that at least tending in his country. Then this makes me pose a question if environment really play a significant role in the business idea one comes up with.

Just like I said in my introductory section, some people believe that environment always comes up and influences more when we want to come up with any business ideas, we need to consider our environment when drawing a business ideas.

In contrast, some people believe that we can come up with business ideas without minding the environment. However, we need to study harder in order to make our business ideas work. They claim that all businesses can work out anywhere regardless of the environment.

Which school of thought

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Environment can surely affect business idea in so many way because whenever one want to start any business one of the things to put in to the consideration is environment because with environment business can not stand on it own.
Environment is very important so therefore it can affect business idea.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Environment can surely affect business idea in so many way because whenever one want to start any business one of the things to put in to the consideration is environment because with environment business can not stand on it own.
Environment is very important so therefore it can affect business idea.
Are you saying there are some businesses that are meant for a particular environment? What if you try to shape your environment in a way that all businesses can work out there. For instance, I don't think there is a business you sell in a particular place in Nigeria, Lagos, that won't sell even if it doesn't sell in other places.

Samuel72

Verified member
Yes of course environment do influence business idea you can't open every business in any environment, some business has a specific environment where you can open them, before investing in any business you need to check if the environment is good enough for such business. opening a business in a wrong environment can lead to loss in business.

Dora Wi

Your environment definitely affects what kind of area you choose and what ideas you have. But often the best business ideas come from people thinking outside the box, not letting their environment talk them out of their choice.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Your environment definitely affects what kind of area you choose and what ideas you have. But often the best business ideas come from people thinking outside the box, not letting their environment talk them out of their choice.
You are on the same thought with me. Putting environment first is like limiting ourselves to our environments. And to me, we should be the major determinant and not the environment. We should find a way of thinking outside the box so that our business will be suitable to every environment. That's has been my thought.

arunima25

Verified member
Definitely, the environment plays a critical role. One has to be aware of the environment around to come up with a business idea. Most business ideas come up with a solution to an existing problem or to ease life or in other words, add luxury or comfort. One has to be aware of the surroundings around to come up with the solutions to problems around him. The same kind of business might not click in all environments. For example, what might work in a rural area as a profitable business may fail badly in an urban area and vice versa.

funmi

Verified member
Definitely, environment where one leaves will have a great impact on the businesses either positively or negatively. Environmental factor is a crucial point to note while planning on setting up a business. When someone is doing business in a rural environment, business may not improve on like when some one's business is in a city. The price of the product will also be different from the City price.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Environment is one of the best thing we all need to consider before starting up a business and also the location is also another thing we need to consider because a good location means a good profit but the location with bad electricity supply and bad road network may not be the best for business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Environment is one of the best thing we all need to consider before starting up a business and also the location is also another thing we need to consider because a good location means a good profit but the location with bad electricity supply and bad road network may not be the best for business.
Thanks for your contributions but I don't mean location in my write up. I am talking of environment. For instance, does a Nigerian will only be thinking of business that can work only in Nigeria or a Nigerian can still think of other business and try to make it work out in Nigeria. That's my argument.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for your contributions but I don't mean location in my write up. I am talking of environment. For instance, does a Nigerian will only be thinking of business that can work only in Nigeria or a Nigerian can still think of other business and try to make it work out in Nigeria. That's my argument.
I know you're not talking about location but location and environment is also something important we all must consider,as for the Nigerian,the environment it is making business difficult for Nigerian because there is no power supply, if the government of Nigeria can makes power supply of this country to be stable you will see the high growth in business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Let me talk of small business like the halo-halo which is a dessert with crushed ice on top of sweetened fruits. It is so nice to eat during summer time. But when the weather is cold there's no one to order halo-halo. When we had too many power outages in 1995 the power generator was in high demand. But we did not buy because when the power shortage ended there would be no need for the generator anymore.