General insurance Do you think is viable for footballers insuring their body from injury??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I have never seen or heard of any footballer insuring his or her body against injury, I don’t even think it is necessary for an athlete go through all that stress because the team or management they play for always have them covered if any injury case showcase. It’s like a waste of effort
Yes, that's not important in my own view for footballers to go into insurance and protect themselves from injury since their club takes care of them. But looking at the amateur players who are playing none league football that has the funds to go into insurance, its quite worthwhile for them to safeguard their career from injury via insurance. Since they aren't given the best medical attention in their club, due to inadequate funds which the club is suffering from. With insurance they are protected to receive the best medical attention when injury occurs.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yes, that's the main thing. They'll simply like to have additional plan aside from the one in which their respective club offers them. If they aren't engaged in more it doesn't matter though, just that some footballers need extra care for injury treatment when they know the club they are playing for isn't all that capable taking care of them.
Sure the club might even sign a policy that the insurance cover would be taken into consideration only when the player is playing withing the club , but for personal health condition they might not consider or take that into consideration , it all depends on the club and what they signed up for too I think

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well it's their choice too ,you are right because most might just want additional plan apart from the club insurance coverages , so that they would attend to them on time if they have any little illness that they might find very different to do away with , it's important for them to just have an insurance plan in both ways
Yes, that's the main thing. They'll simply like to have additional plan aside from the one in which their respective club offers them. If they aren't engaged in more it doesn't matter though, just that some footballers need extra care for injury treatment when they know the club they are playing for isn't all that capable taking care of them.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I agree with you somehow, the club takes care of them cos they have health department who makes sure every footballer is taking care of when injuries comes. In the other way round they can still consider health insurance for them for further injury protection against all unforseen. Insurance is good for everyone.
Well it's their choice too ,you are right because most might just want additional plan apart from the club insurance coverages , so that they would attend to them on time if they have any little illness that they might find very different to do away with , it's important for them to just have an insurance plan in both ways

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I think the football club they are playing for might have health insurance cover for them , so I don't think they would have a personal one again , and health insurance covers every part of the body and not a particular part of the body I think , it happens
I agree with you somehow, the club takes care of them cos they have health department who makes sure every footballer is taking care of when injuries comes. In the other way round they can still consider health insurance for them for further injury protection against all unforseen. Insurance is good for everyone.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think the football club they are playing for might have health insurance cover for them , so I don't think they would have a personal one again , and health insurance covers every part of the body and not a particular part of the body I think , it happens

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't think there is such an insurance here because the first one to avail that are the boxers. If you are not aware, Manny Pacquiao is the most popular boxer in my era that he would surely take an insurance for the protection or preservation of his head and other body parts that could suffer heavy injuries during a boxing match. If you are the insurance company, would you have such an insurance policy?
If I have an insurance company I wouldn't consider such policy? Cos footballers are injury prone people I'll be losing funds simply treating their injuries. I would simply have other policy plans that won't be real debacle for me and my company progress. The best is running running and not crashing down prematurely due to excess money moving out.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't think there is such an insurance here because the first one to avail that are the boxers. If you are not aware, Manny Pacquiao is the most popular boxer in my era that he would surely take an insurance for the protection or preservation of his head and other body parts that could suffer heavy injuries during a boxing match. If you are the insurance company, would you have such an insurance policy?
What I know is that most time, these sport men always have a sign contract with their mamagement that they will protect them and take care of them whenever there is injury of any case of incasity. It will not be wise for insurance company to be insuring part of the body. How many parts do they want to insure then?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I understand that sports men and women go through injury in the field of play, or sports arena. But what I don't know much about is seeing an athlete insuring his or her body from injury through insurance.

Some say its viable, but I never seen it go viral, like other policy options such as, auto insurance, home, life, liability, property, health and xD. If insurance permits an athlete insuring his or her body from injury, then we should expert them charging higher premium fees for that. Cos, athletes are simply prone to injuries, and it can occur frequently without control, football is highly explosive game.

That will cost insurance company losing funds easily to take care of the athletes for the policy agreed on. Aside from the medical care their respective clubs offer them regularly when they succumb to illness and injury.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Footballers may not need to insure their legs since they are under a contract with football club. The football club might have insurance in place to cater for the injuries and other accidents that may occur in the club as a whole. Insuring body parts is for celebrities especially those who are engaging in plastic surgery.
I don't even think those celebrities insure their body part. Everything is under health insurance. You are very correct about the footballer. The club they play for is always responsible for anything that they may face. One would have thought Erikson would die during the euro 2020 but his club foot billed the payment for his surgery.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Footballers may not need to insure their legs since they are under a contract with football club. The football club might have insurance in place to cater for the injuries and other accidents that may occur in the club as a whole. Insuring body parts is for celebrities especially those who are engaging in plastic surgery.

Good luck

Verified member
Irrelevant words repetition
I don't think it is viable for footballer to insure their body.why should they insure Their body parts so as to get money from insurance company if anything go wrong in their body system but before then they will be paying premium to the firm before the company retaliate after something unusual happen.preferably they can insure their lives instead of the body part

uforwealth

Verified member
Why not? It is very viable for footballers to insure their body against injury. Injury is inevitable in football. For this reason there must be protection against it for the players to perform effectively on the football pitch as expected.

I think this should be under health insurance policy because I have never heard of body insurance policy.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are one risks that are not measurable and most insurance companies don't even try to risk themselves going into agreement based on that such risks. For instance, it is very easy to precut that footballer will have injury, then insurance companies will not want to go into such an agreement.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
It’s fine if any athlete chooses to insure his or her body part but it is really necessary because the management will always get the athlete covered if an injury should occur. Well the difference is that the athlete is not going to get compensated which i see as the difference

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I have never seen or heard of any footballer insuring his or her body against injury, I don’t even think it is necessary for an athlete go through all that stress because the team or management they play for always have them covered if any injury case showcase. It’s like a waste of effort