Do we need men of God to choose a business idea for us

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Business is all about solving problems so I don't see the reason why you need to contact men of God to guide you on the right type of business to choose. Whoever do this does not know what he is are about to do. I don't see the reason why I need to do this. When you are solving problems you are already doing the work of God.

Josemendez

Verified member
I am always angry whenever I see people doing this men of God kind of thing . They will put their trust in Men of God instead of God himself . Your business should be an idea that comes from you and not one you are told to go for. This is part of the mistake some people make , following the ideas of their pastors even when they are not comfortable to them .

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am not a person who asks fortune-tellers about the business I am ging to start. However, I know a lot of people do believe in these things. They not only ask whether the business will suit them or not or when to start a business, they even ask what busness to choose. I have never followed with these people asking whether the advice worked or not.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I am always angry whenever I see people doing this men of God kind of thing . They will put their trust in Men of God instead of God himself . Your business should be an idea that comes from you and not one you are told to go for. This is part of the mistake some people make , following the ideas of their pastors even when they are not comfortable to them .
My point exactly! We can all seek God ourselves instead of submitting all our hopes on men of God. Some men of God, are not knowledgeable when it comes to doing business, and how are those going to help improve our business. And when we talk about spiritual guidance, we can call upon God ourselves and seek for spiritual guidance.

AmaliaTG

To be honest, I am not a religious person because I do see religion as an opium of the masses, that's why I revere all religions and never put one above the others. So no one should be offended by this post.

Last year after the pandemic, I told my mum about a business idea I may like to venture in probably this year if I have realized the enough capital. She categorically told me not to start the business except I have met with our family pastor.

I was not baffles with her mentioning that because I know her to be too religious. I convinced her that I have done enough feasibility studies. And I have prepared for the potential dangers of the busines. But she told me we need God's intervention before venturing into any business.

I didnt say anything again and since them I have not made it a day to talk about the business again with her because I don't want her to get angry if I continue convincing her.

Do we truly need men of God to tell us the right business to venture in? Or we are too religious to be involving religion in every thing that we do?

To be honest, I am not a religious person because I do see religion as an opium of the masses, that's why I revere all religions and never put one above the others. So no one should be offended by this post.

Last year after the pandemic, I told my mum about a business idea I may like to venture in probably this year if I have realized the enough capital. She categorically told me not to start the business except I have met with our family pastor.

I was not baffles with her mentioning that because I know her to be too religious. I convinced her that I have done enough feasibility studies. And I have prepared for the potential dangers of the busines. But she told me we need God's intervention before venturing into any business.

I didnt say anything again and since them I have not made it a day to talk about the business again with her because I don't want her to get angry if I continue convincing her.

Do we truly need men of God to tell us the right business to venture in? Or we are too religious to be involving religion in every thing that we do?
I am also not a religious person but a spiritual person. I don't follow religious beliefs because I can to be awakened enough to realise that society beliefs has blinded us into believing that being religious is the way to go to heaven or holy Which o find it very illusional. However, concerning your issue, I don't think if it's even right for a parent to control you like that especially if you are past 18 to the point of involving ap pastor in your business idea. I think that's just absurd. Your mum's work there was to support you in your business and to support the fact that you've made research and made a decision to start your business. It's okay she was concerned enough to involve a pastor but that was so uneccessarry.

Setho

VIP Contributor
They are actually a lot of people that are very religious and to be honest you will not blame them for that. In as much as you can consult your man of God for his own advice on which business for you to choose I think the bulk of the work still remains with you. In order to choose a good business idea you will have to do field research to know the pain points but members of your locality are facing.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
They are not God men, they are con men. They are trying to bank on the ignorance and foolishness of people. If you want to choose a business you need to do market segmentation, do competitor analysis etc. Consulting with these hypocrites will not do any good for you except you lose money.

Potter193

Well for me I don't think so. Business ideas are what you research to know what is good for you. Anyway, everybody has different ways of figuring things out.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Common people do not realize that the religion itself is a business. Do you know what is the highest selling book in the United States? It is the Holy Bible. Now, can you estimate how much the Church has made by selling Bible? I feel very frustrated with common people are conned by the so called God men.
We belong to the same school of thought but I am always scared to let people know the logic behind religion lest they term an atheist. When you speak against religion, people think you speak again God. And just like you said, they have made religion business nowadays.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I see it as being over religious to go over to the pastor of your choice to choose a business model for you. When you have a strong vision for setting up a business which will benefit to humanity, you will never need anybody's guardians except for the mentor you have. If you believe in the business you want to start you don't need conviction from any other person than yourself.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I always believe that pastors or "men of God" as people call them - I mean, aren't we all of God? I believe they are just there to teach us what they know about God. But we all have the capacity to learn anything and pray to God on our own. So we don't necessarily have to involve pastors in everything we do. After all, many of them are not so qualified in terms of knowledge and mentorship for the business you want to venture into.

Suba

Staff member
God is a belief that is in our hearts, so we still need knowledge, strategies and business ideas and the most important thing is hard work, if we believe in God we can pray and our hearts will be calm and peaceful. Because prayer to God is the spirit to achieve success.

Good luck

Verified member
Choosing a business is a personal decision that does not need or require the help of any religious beliefs.You can only ask for God intervention when it comes to choosing a business not asking for pastor or imam to pick for you.praying to your creator is the best and also work towards the business you wanted to venture into to avoid regret.

Megamber

I dont think anyone should make that decision for you and belkefs wont determine any success. Believing in something in is totally different. Make sure you have a good understanding of what you are doing and what you want to do that is all.

Skysaint

Verified member
Laughs. This is actually funny anyway, it's like you are looking into another person to choose or determine your destiny for you. No one can choose a business idea for you as everyone is well aware of their own capabilities and should think out their line of business themselves. The only thing another person can do for you is to advise you regarding maybe a business idea you've already thought a bit about

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I do not see any way I can connect this together. I mean, if you are interested in starting up a business, with all due respect, I don’t think a man of God is the right person to go to. I mean what happens to going to meet some business experts, people that are more experienced in such field. If you do such mistake then you should know that you are jeopardizing your chance of making more profits on the money you are about to invest. I understand the fact that they could help you pray about it but I still don’t see how they make the right choice of establishment for you

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The topic is quite funny. I don't think people need anyone know who is a pastor or priest to choose a business for them because they may not have business knowledge. I would only take advice about a business from a pastor if he or she has an experience of how business works and the first such person has a good business.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Individuals are unique and another person should not be the one to determine what you are interested in doing. Visions and plans are personal and only you really understand what you are good at. If you are convinced about starting a business you believe would be of immense help to you, I do not see any reason why you have to wait for a clergy to decide for your again.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Lolz, if I'm planning on starting up my business I do not actually need a man of God to do any anything for me,when I have a particular business I am interested to start I can pray about it if I feel like doing it but I cannot go to a point of bringing in or visiting a man of God about the business I'm about to start,

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
This indeed very funny indeed although I have very strong faith in spirituality and am indeed religious, but I don't like blowing things out of context, because thinking everything to be spiritually controlled and seeking permission from spiritual quarters for everything will make the use of our common senses useless I wouldn't depend men of God to businesses I will depend on God directly.