Do we need men of God to choose a business idea for us

funmi

Verified member
Hnmmm... This is a very interesting topic. In Africa, many of us were brought up to always seek spiritual assistance in every of our life making decisions. To me, seeking spiritual assistance from our men of God is not a bad idea at all. It will help you make it quick in life, you will not be doing trial and errors with your life. Of course we need our men of God to choose which business to do if you believe in their prophecies.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Any one who worship God are called man of God. If you're a worshiper of God, surely you've find favour with God. You don't need to go looking for other worshipers like you for business approval. You do that to yourself, if you have plans, business IQ. You'll run for long, cos its your passion your dream. Successful business men doesn't need to go elsewhere choosing business plans or ideas for themselves. Rather they crave for it, outsource it, then seek mentorship from an experience person to be fully equipped.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I wouldn't your mum because the truth is whatever we believe in work for us, so it might just be what she believe will help you get God ordained business for you. It isn't a bad idea to me though. But if you think it isn't necessary for you to meet the man of God then let your mom know.then go ahead with your plans

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honest, I am not a religious person because I do see religion as an opium of the masses, that's why I revere all religions and never put one above the others. So no one should be offended by this post.

Last year after the pandemic, I told my mum about a business idea I may like to venture in probably this year if I have realized the enough capital. She categorically told me not to start the business except I have met with our family pastor.

I was not baffles with her mentioning that because I know her to be too religious. I convinced her that I have done enough feasibility studies. And I have prepared for the potential dangers of the busines. But she told me we need God's intervention before venturing into any business.

I didnt say anything again and since them I have not made it a day to talk about the business again with her because I don't want her to get angry if I continue convincing her.

Do we truly need men of God to tell us the right business to venture in? Or we are too religious to be involving religion in every thing that we do?

IamDozzy

I do not think it is necessary for we to meet a clergyman or any religious authority in order to decide which business we are to venture into. I would rather one meets an experienced businessman that has been into a particular business line for years for advice. That would be more thorough than meeting a clergyman. This is because most of this clergymen have no business experience and have been in the religious house all their life.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Common people do not realize that the religion itself is a business. Do you know what is the highest selling book in the United States? It is the Holy Bible. Now, can you estimate how much the Church has made by selling Bible? I feel very frustrated with common people are conned by the so called God men.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Pardon me for this comment but I don't see the connection of a religious leader with business. Maybe you can consult a successful business owner in your place. That would be a more logical approach than consulting a pastor whose only business is religion. But on the other hand if the pastor can provide assistance in the business then I guess it is just okay to consult him.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It depends tho because this days we don't know the real men of God and some might discourage you not to try the business and give you reasons that are not valid ,while we are more focused on starting the business that best suit our capabilities and others actually,while there are some men of God that would see the real vision ,I think all you need to do is to to still follow the direction of your mother

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think we are all men of God. And we can actually make decisions ourselves instead of putting our decisions in the hands of the proclaimed, men of God. Are we children of Satan? No! You just have to believe in yourself and put your business in front of God, if you are a believer. But I wouldn't go to meet one pastor for anything.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
To me some time one need to ask for a way from those who knows ways. It is good we time to ask from God if the business that you are about to do is the business that you can do. And there is no how one can be wiser than experience . what o meant is that those old men and women has a reason to back up what they are saying sometime.
Personally it is a good thing to ask from them and take advise when its come to business.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The topic is quite funny. I don't think people need anyone know who is a pastor or priest to choose a business for them because they may not have business knowledge. I would only take advice about a business from a pastor if he or she has an experience of how business works and the first such person has a good business.
Very funny! I don't think it's reasonable enough for someone to go to a pastor and be asking for a business advise. I think we can pray for ourselves and work on our selves. If a pastor doesn't have a business idea, how is he going to advise you on anything. I believe we need to change our orientation.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am very much sure that this post will cause a lot of argument. While the religious folks will believe and even put God in everything and believe that nothing can be done by man except from the divinity. They do believe that He's omnipotent and He alone is Who we should call upon whenever we want to start a business. I won't lie. I have seen many people in this shoe. Some even sleep on mountains waiting to hear what the Lord will say before they can go ahead with their business plan. They dare not do any other things except the plan and idea is from their religious leaders. They may be right, that's faith.

The woke generation as we do call them in my country may not really regard this as a must as we are our own self creator. We are God. We can change what we don't want. We don't need to wait for God to do this for us. They see as too simple to be calling on God for any direction. They rather take some steps to observe, doing finding and then come out with better idea to run their business.

The class I belong betwen the two will be better said in silence

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is for people that believe so much in religion and they based every of their activity in scripture. I will not say this is a bad idea and at the same time , I won't say it is a good idea , the reason why I am saying this is because everyone has the right to do whatever they like without them being questioned, most specially when these things are not against the natural rules of humanities.

But what we must understand is that business idea can be developed based on so many things and not based on religion. it could be based on strategic research.

How can we be so sure that the man of God who have chosen this business have been able to get the exactly business we have to established ?

Personally I will rather consider to do economic research about the business to establish. This is easier. I don't need any man of God to prophesy the type of business I have to establish for me.