Do Businesses Collapse In A Country When There Is A War Going On?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Right now the world economy is already struggling. The big problem with the global economy is that the effects of pandemics are still present in the global economical markets. However, it seem that the situation of the world is now just becoming worse as the Russian military and government have declared war against Ukraine. no one knows the exact reason why this happened but we all know that this has been causing a lot of damage not only to the businesses in those two countries, but it is also damaging the economical system of the entire world that is connected with these two countries.

The conditions and situations of Ukraine is quite bad. I am not sure about the conditions of the businesses out there, but what I do know is that it is almost impossible for any kind of business to thrive in such times. According to some news sources, the business community in Ukraine is having hard time and the companies are also struggling a lot. if the global stock is being affected by the current conflict, then it makes sense that business might have bad time in a country where war is being carried out. So, what do you think?

I believe the answer to this question would be yes. In a country where war has eaten deep, no one would have the time to attend to their business, especially in places where the war is taking place. Most of these business owners in such locations, might end up facing loss of properties. The economy would also be affected as well. In all this, there are still people that benefits from the war. Let's take does who sells weapons, they literally make profit form wars.

When there is a war a lot of businesses collapse not only in the countries where war is happening but also in neighboring countries as well as other countries whose economy is depended on the countries at war. Recently, edible oil price was hiked in my home country. It turned our that Ukraine was the primary source of edible oil for our country. Our county is not anywhere near Ukraine or Russia, yet the war in Ukraine is affecting us badly. However, there are business niches that thrive during the due to war, for example weapons, war related logistics, and other arsenals.

When you say war my understanding is an armed conflict between countries. Take for example the invasion of Ukraine by Russian forces. There is bombing in the capital city Kyiv. If you have a business in that city, what do you think will happen to your business operation? There may be no more people in the area of your business due to fear. Obviously the businesses in Kyiv that are near the bombed area are closed because the owners and the staff may have already evacuated. When the war continues for a long time like months or even years the businesses are considered dead because it was stagnant with no operation for a long period. In Ukraine I think more than half of the industries are not operating anymore. That is the tragedy of war. It is not only the lives of the people that are harmed but also the economy because the businesses couldn't operate.

This obviously will affect the country where the war is actually taken place as the war will cripple everything going on in the country where the fighting is takin place as no one will want to have his or her life in danger all in the name of trying to run their businesses, even the customers you are expecting to patronize goods from you will all flee for their dear lives. As no one will really want to die. Survival is the first thing that comes to peoples mind before considering business.

Just like in the northern part of Nigeria, most especially the north eastern parts of Nigeria is a very dangerous zone to go because of the on going war between the Nigerian arm and the bokoharam insurgents, so many business organization has been destroyed and many lives has been lost to the on going crisis and no one can stay in those region without fear which is not good for any business venture.

This things has really crippled the agricultural sector there and businesses in those environment has been brought to a complete halt, it has made the people in that region to suddenly become displaced persons. So the impact of war on businessesis enormous.

Definitely, businesses would decline when a country is being threatened with war. I know some of you have never experienced a war before but due to historical events and movies which depict such situations, we can envision the concept of war. Just picture this perfect illustration of the covid-19 pandemic, this was not a physical war but do you know that the pandemic just showed us a side of what war can look like. In order to fight a virus that could not be seen, it made the whole world remain still to the point of embarking on a total lockdown which was imposed in order to curb the spread.

If a pandemic could have such effect on the lives of people and equally on businesses, then talk more of war. In war, a lot of chaos takes place and the business your mind is so after might even be burnt down. When there is war, the minds of everyone is first bent on "safety," and not business. Business would definitely collapse because a lot of people would either relocate or there would be an evacuation. Imagine the war between Russia and Ukraine, we can see that everything has been turned upside down.