Did you know high heels were originally for men?

Calebe

Centuries ago, to be precise around the 10th century, some enterprising soul in a horse-riding culture figured out that your foot would stay more firmly in the stirrups if your shoe had a bit of a raised heel. This innovation was spread quickly and soon whole armies—of men—rode into battle wearing pumps[ high heels].
By the 17th century, high heels became a fashion trend in Europe; and since having a horse was a symbol of high status, wearing a high-heeled shoe meant you had the medieval equivalent of a Mercedes-Benz car. Both influential men and women of wore heels until they ultimately fell out of fashion for men.
With the emergence of the gay culture, men are going back to this previous practice but now no longer as a proof of affluence but rather as an indication of their status.
The question now is, who is the cross dresser, men or women? This question is left to be answered at a personal level.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Centuries ago, to be precise around the 10th century, some enterprising soul in a horse-riding culture figured out that your foot would stay more firmly in the stirrups if your shoe had a bit of a raised heel. This innovation was spread quickly and soon whole armies—of men—rode into battle wearing pumps[ high heels].
By the 17th century, high heels became a fashion trend in Europe; and since having a horse was a symbol of high status, wearing a high-heeled shoe meant you had the medieval equivalent of a Mercedes-Benz car. Both influential men and women of wore heels until they ultimately fell out of fashion for men.
With the emergence of the gay culture, men are going back to this previous practice but now no longer as a proof of affluence but rather as an indication of their status.
The question now is, who is the cross dresser, men or women? This question is left to be answered at a personal level.

Hi Calebe. Nice to meet you. Wow!!!What an interesting topic! Thank you for sharing. Well, I must confess that I did not know that high heels were originally for men. When I read the title, I immediately clicked on it and I started reading your post. I thought high heels were only for women.
Thank you so much for the information. :)

Calebe

Hi Calebe. Nice to meet you. Wow!!!What an interesting topic! Thank you for sharing. Well, I must confess that I did not know that high heels were originally for men. When I read the title, I immediately clicked on it and I started reading your post. I thought high heels were only for women.
You are welcome Loukia, and the pleasure is mine having you read my post. I am happy you find this informative.