Crypto Vs Paypal Payment

Mika

VIP Contributor
Whether you are a buyer or a seller, you need a payment gateway to send and receive payment. Bank transfer is the most reliable payment method because you directly receive payment on your account without the involvement of a middleman. However, bank transfer is good only for bigger payment because the transfer takes time and costs a lot of money.

Paypal seems to be the popular choice for a lot of buyers and sellers, however, paypal is not available in a lot of countries. If paypal is not available in your country, there is no way you can use it.

Crypto is evolving as one of the best payment gateways. The best thing about crypto payment is you can use it even when it is not supported in your country. For instance, you can use P2P method to withdraw your funds.

There are also other payment methods such as Skrill, Payeer, Perfect Money, Neteller, Payoneer, however, these payment methods are not used by many people.

Finger Geek

Verified member
PayPal is the most popular and many people sees it as the most trusted and reliable. But I will not like to say it is the most trusted and reliable because it has many disadvantages. What if it is the most trusted and reliable and suddenly I get suspended without doing any scam activities on it then it means that it can not be seen as reliable. I have seen many members that they have had there account suspended with no genie reasons and have lost there funds. So what is now the reason why we still continue to use PayPal when our account can be suspended anytime. But the reason why I still use PayPal is because there are some websites that only accept PayPal as mode of payment but I always make sure that I don't leave funds on my PayPal account. And also I have not been suspended before but I am still careful.

Instead of not been at rest, it is better we use a payment processor that we will rely on like cryptocurrency, Payeer, perfect money and more.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
PayPal in my country is send only so I do not have another choice about receiving crypto currency.

Protension

I think it’s not about crypto v/s fiat. As long as we have people who think one method of payment is better than the other, we should always offer them multiple ways so that they can use the mode they have faith and are comfortable in. Therefore it’s better to integrate both a fiat payment gateway like paypal, stripe, skrill etc as well as a crypto payment gateway like capitalwallet, coingate, bitpay etc. Let customers decide how they want to pay.

Suba

Staff member
Personally for local (domestic) payments it will be easier if we use e-money and e-wallet or we can also use m-banking. But for international payments I often use PayPal either to buy a domain or something else. Even though I keep crypto as an investment, I am reluctant to transact either direct purchases, or online using crypto. because I think crypto price fluctuations are very high, especially if Crypto prices are currently falling, BTC prices have dropped to $15.7k, so if I pay for something using Bitcoin/cypto it means I am selling BTC at a low price. So I prefer to transact internationally with fiat money or PayPal payments but if Paypal is not available in the receiving country we can use stablecoins as an alternative