Consumer protection laws.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Consumers are the most important on the chain of distribution. They are important because the production's stress is done primarily for them. Without the consumers, it means producers only labour on vain.

The above reason corroborate the reason why consumers should be treated like queens not only because they are the final consumers but also because they are the major source of income for the producers.

This is the reasons in all countries, there is what is called consumer protection laws. These laws are there to protect the right of the consumers. Consumers in some countries are being cheated ranging from selling of fake goods and service, over pricing and even fake advertisements to lure consumers.

These laws ranges from right to information, choice, legal action among many other rights. There are other bodies out in place in countries to monitor the ways consumers are being treated by the producers, hence the saying, customers are always right.

arunima25

Verified member
Customer service and satisfaction is the prime thing for any business to run. If the consumer is satisfied with the service or product, the business will bloom. There are established brands in market for decades and they still go strong in market despite of enormous competition is because they have enough trust from consumers.
Consumer protection law is in all countries to safeguard consumer's rights. And consumers need to be aware of them. But sadly many of us are not.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Customer service and satisfaction is the prime thing for any business to run. If the consumer is satisfied with the service or product, the business will bloom. There are established brands in market for decades and they still go strong in market despite of enormous competition is because they have enough trust from consumers.
Consumer protection law is in all countries to safeguard consumer's rights. And consumers need to be aware of them. But sadly many of us are not.
You are quite right but you will discover nowadays that most people are looking for money without even considering their customers satisfaction. Some peole care more about their gains than making their customers comfortable. That's why they hike the price in order to make some exorbitant gain from the process

arunima25

Verified member
You are quite right but you will discover nowadays that most people are looking for money without even considering their customers satisfaction. Some peole care more about their gains than making their customers comfortable. That's why they hike the price in order to make some exorbitant gain from the process
Such measures might make them make some good profit to start with but then they are going to backfire. Producers might loose their consumers in long run especially when there are other competitors in the market who are providing better rates and consumer service. When there is monopoly in the market with not much competition, producers can abuse the consumer rights and get away with it.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There are consumer protection laws in the country. According to the law, if someone violates these terms, they will be sent to jail for up to 5 years, or find upto $1000, or both. sadly, I don't remember any businesses and individuals in my locality being booked by law for violating consumer protection laws. making laws is not enough, implementation is more important.,

arunima25

Verified member
There are consumer protection laws in the country. According to the law, if someone violates these terms, they will be sent to jail for up to 5 years, or find upto $1000, or both. sadly, I don't remember any businesses and individuals in my locality being booked by law for violating consumer protection laws. making laws is not enough, implementation is more important.,
I totally agree with you here. Laws are there but they lack implementation. I have noticed that in developed western countries, legal procedures are smooth and with less hassles. Even common people is comfortable going through it. It is also fast there and you get the justice in time. Sueing companies and brand or even neighbours is quite common there. But in a developing country like me, any legal procedure is time taking and full of hassles. It is not well structured and common people try to avoid the trouble of going to courts to seek justice. So they keep tolerating

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The consumer protection law here is more for the defective products. They have an office that are always full of consumers with their complaints of refunds or replacement which the seller wouldn't act on. My assistant in the office bought a digital camera with defect and the store did not replace so she spent 2 months in the consumer protection office to fight for her right. Unfortunately the camera was just repaired.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well said, without the consumers the great works of a producer will just be in obscurity or in vain cos no one will ever consume what he or she produces. That's why both are ideal in the chain of distribution to balance the supply and demand ratio. Customers/consumers are well respected, held in high esteem, and their rights are keep intact, cos when they grow irritated with what the producer dies, that's the end of producers success.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Consumers are the most important on the chain of distribution. They are important because the production's stress is done primarily for them. Without the consumers, it means producers only labour on vain.

The above reason corroborate the reason why consumers should be treated like queens not only because they are the final consumers but also because they are the major source of income for the producers.

This is the reasons in all countries, there is what is called consumer protection laws. These laws are there to protect the right of the consumers. Consumers in some countries are being cheated ranging from selling of fake goods and service, over pricing and even fake advertisements to lure consumers.

These laws ranges from right to information, choice, legal action among many other rights. There are other bodies out in place in countries to monitor the ways consumers are being treated by the producers, hence the saying, customers are always right.
You are right even in my country this is so pronounced at least in my locality. The authorities involved o come around to check stores for expired and ban products. If found they pack them away this is all in a bid to protect the consumers from bad or adulterated products