Consequences of favoritism at workplaces.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is absolutely true that favoritism and business progress doesn't mix. And as a business owner seeking for ways to boost your business thereby ensuring to take your business to the extent of it reaching greater and higher positive heights, it is absolutely very mandatory to never exhibit an attitude of favoritism. By definition, favouritism simply means a situation where an particular individual, could be a business manager, political or religious leader displays a partial attitude or character thereby favoring either a particular individual or a group of persons over the expense of another. With that being explained, we can obviously and absolutely see why favoritism is totally bad for a business existence and if care is not taken it could lead to the disorganisation of employees and other personnel responsible for the business progress. When a business manager displays favoritism towards a particular employee or set of employees, it totally weakens and disturbs the ability and capability of other employees performing and adequately carrying out their day-to-day business responsibilities and priorities.

As a business owner or manager of a business organisation, it is totally important that you see all your business employees and workers as one and also as important to your business existence, and even if some of your business employees could be close colleagues, relatives, and families of yours, it should never be a reason to display a favoritive attitude to this once, thereby neglecting the others.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Favouritism has never in any way bringing a good rivalry for a business progress because from what we have learnt and have been taught a business progress is only influenced by good and positive behaviours of employees and employers and favouritism is absolutely not a good behaviour that is suitable for any business personnel or member to exhibit because it will only tear down the process and the progress of business activities in order for the business to reach greater and higher heights.

Every business manager and employer should see his business employees and workers as important and as one individual and so showing favoritism to only a few group of his or her employees and workers would definitely not be good for the business organisation. The business organisation is better equipped and better assured of success when the manager and the employee and endeavour to accept each and every employee and worker according to his or her ability and capability.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Showing favouritism to some part of f the employees is not good at all and it will geopadise the progress of the company if quick action is not taken.
Favouritism mean show love or favour to somebody even when he or she did not deserve it. In a case like this; that particular employee might be taking for granted and started misbehaving to some other worker that are even doing well than him or her.
This can make other employee feel defected and feel unconcerned with the situation of the company especially when the company fail in achieving there set objectives.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I understand that that sometimes, you can't help but favor some people. It could just be because of the person's approach to work. The truth is that the love you have for individuals in a group cannot be equal. Favorites must be there as a matter of necessity.

As a leader, you don't have to let your personal likeness for a particular staff to be so evident. Try as much as possible not to make it expressed regularly. It can cause bad blood and even put the favored person in danger as others may gang up to set him/ her up.

As an employee, you have to understand that it is part of human nature to favor one person over the other. You only need to find out the reason the other person is being favoured and see if you can better him/ her to earn such favours. Don't cause strive.

Miki1

At one point in time I earned the full trust, respect and endorsement of my employer all because my commitment towards work was absolutely amazing. So he named me jack of all trades and anything concerning work I'll be the one he'll call. Because he trust my capabilities. So I was his favorite but in a positive way until he employed a guy to procurement and when the guy eventually noticed my closeness to the director, obviously he became jealous somehow and begun his plot to break that working bond between me and the director. Why am I saying all this, favoritism can be good if as an employer when you get your judgement right. But if you make the wrong judgement and trust the wrong person, they'll create an unhealthy admosphere at the work place. Because people like that tend to be bullies to their colleague workers and multreats other colleagues and having at the back of their minds that they have the approval of the employer.