Coding vs website builders which one is best to create a standard website

Ajebo25

Verified member
We all know that the internet is made up of many nukes many create many website daily for different purposes some create ponzi scheme some create it for advertising or marketing their products and others anybody can own a website as long as you can pay the monthly bill with is domain and hosting, just like house rent 😝😝😝.

Now some people claim that 40% of all the website on the internet are built with WordPress which I actually agree WordPress is a great website builder which can be used to startup a blog or other sites but jt usually needs a professional customization before you can use it almost all the blogs online now are built with WordPress.

WordPress has many features which makes you fully in control of your site, many plugins to make your sir more conducive and running unlike blogger which offers free hosting and subdomains and its settings are quite ash to start up.

But do you know apart of using a website builder there is another way to create a website which makes the site more powerful than WordPress site yes it is called coding which is the process of using CSS or HTML codes ti build a site either with python or JavaScript this method is relly good as it is used to create heavy working sites like forums or shopping sites like jumia sites built with coding are also more attractive and responsive with coding you can build your website to look however you want but the only down side is that coding is a very hard job that takes years of learning to master cause it is like a computer language that is why it is supper expensive to build a website with coding many people can't afford it that's why they use website builders.

So if you we're to create a website now what will you choose website builders or coding??

Oluwasegun purpose

Thank you for your useful information if I was asked I will prefer to have a site created with coding because of the attraction and because it works more responsive and can carry heavy loads or let me just say can do things which WordPress builder can not create I first fell in love with coding when I first saw hawkit.ng site it was very responsive I think in the nearwst future I will create a website

Jasz

VIP Contributor
In the world of website creation, you have two options: you can code a website yourself, or you can use a builder or CMS to do it.

Let us look at the pros and cons of both.

Coding your own site will give you the most control over the end result, but it's not for everyone. If you're comfortable with HTML, CSS, and some JavaScript, then coding your own site will let you create a truly unique experience for visitors. You'll need to dedicate time to learning and maintaining your skills, if you hire someone to code amd manage the site, you will soend more, though—and if you're using a content management system like WordPress, Joomla!, or Drupal, you'll also need to know how to work with the CMS's underlying code.

Website builders are another option; they let you build sites without having to write any code. Some builders use drag-and-drop interfaces that make them easy for beginners to use; others offer more robust tools that allow for more customization. You'll be limited by what the builder supports—but on the other hand, because builders are often produced by web hosting companies, they can be easier to integrate into your hosting account than a custom-coded site.

Mika

VIP Contributor
First of all, you need to understand the difference between website builders and content management systems. WordPress is a content management system, whereas weebly, wix, etc. are website builders. Content management systems are software to build website. When you build websites through content management systems, you will have full control over your website including website files, no one can take down your website and it can run as long as you renew your domain and hosting. However, when you use website builders, you do have access to your website files and your website can be taken down by the website builder. You cannot manage your website through the back end. You can not move your website to another platform. Coding means writing code to create your own website, this is entirely different from using content management systems and website builders. Wordpress is not a website builder, it is a content management system, you can create any kind of website by using wordpress, including but not limited to blogs, forums, online shopping sites, etc. When you use wordpress you can integrate website builders into it for example, you can use Elementor to build your wordpress website. Website builders are easy to work with compared to wordpress.