Choosing a name for your startup.

Sammyesx

The name of a business or an organization is like the Identity of a business, choosing a great name has a very good impact on the startup. Choosing a great name for a startup is trickier than most founders and brand managers believe. The best brand names wander into our subconscious, unnoticed. They assimilate smoothly into different parts of our lives and take on real meaning, whether you're talking about jumping into an Uber, going on a Tinder date, or Whatsapping a friend.

Still, there is more to a great name than just being memorable. A great name needs to offer the right foundation for a company to build upon. It also has to be available, the name has to convey the brand and also the uniqueness of the startup. What are the best ways or things to consider before choosing a name for a startup?

Haypril

Naming a new business can be very tricky. Most times, business owners fall into the trap of naming their business after their son or giving it a family name, which I believe contributes in the poor growth of the business. Business owners should try as much as possible to avoid naming business names that does not translate any meaning to what the business offers.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Business name or brand name in one of the sensitive aspect of starting a business because name I'll give you a business matter alot. When giving a name to a business you need to consider the nature of a business the environment and how simple the name will be to the customer such that they can propagate the name easily that is why most times I do prefer a very simple and your uinque name.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
A business name is another kind of branding and packaging that people must always adapt... A short name that sound unique and that can be pronounced with ease... I have one in my mind for my future ice cream shop and I will give a name like Doraice.... So the breakdown will be dora -ice- cream..... The above name sounds cool for an ice cream shop so the moral is that there are different principles to be followed when choosing a brand name.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
I have been wondering about this some times, as I would like to start a small start up in the future. Then, this will be a good matter of conversation what the name should be that is more appealing and feels good. On web, there are some services too that give naming services to the businesses who want it.

Olajidey

Having a good name goes a long way in the progress of the business, the name you want to choose must be short and easy to remember you must also be aware that you will create an online presence for this business so before you choose a name you must contact SEO guys to check if the name is available for registration.