Can Your Boss Have A Problem With You Having Two Jobs?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
A few months ago, I applied for a job. At that time I was struggling really hard to find a job and I was being interviewed by an employer. It was a marketing job and he wanted me to work for full-time for him. I was also getting an opportunity to apply for another job and I got it. When I told him that I am being hired by another company and I can work for him as a part time worker, he told me that he would only pay basic salary to me if I work as a full-time worker. Otherwise, he would only hire me on commission basis and he will not pay me basic salary at all. I really do not understand why he said something like that, but I felt that he was trying to take advantage because after hiring me, he would probably make me work for long hours and I think this is why he had a problem with me having two jobs. Have you also experienced this thing?

There are several cases that could cause a problem with your boss having more than two jobs. First is working with a concurent company because you are working for the benefit of his company and his concurent company. Second is being tired from second job so you do not perform your work as expected because if you work from 9 to 5 then rest of the day you will take a break and go to practice some sports but if you work in this time then next day you will be so tired and you will not perform your job as expected.