Can You Get A Good Job After Learning Computer Programming?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Seeking employment is something many people do in their life. There are many people who do not work for other and they would like to become self-employed, but still sometimes they have no other option but to work for others. In order to work for yourself or for others, you musty possess excellent working skills and I think that computer programming skills are a set of skills that can not only help you in getting a good job, but it can also help you to develop your own computer programming business in your life. There are many people who learn this skill and they have a great career in this field.

However, the problem with pursuing a career in this filed is that this field is also competitive just like any other field. You must be exceptional in this field and you must be really talented programmer in order to get the job. You must learn new ways of programming things and the more programs you develop, the better you become. I am not sure how programming work, but I think that it is used to make different kinds of computer programs, software, games ,etc. So can you get a great job after completing your computer programming course?

Ganibade

Verified member
You can get a good job when you learn a computer.
It is only when you are very good in computer programming and page maker, you'll be able to get good job in publishing company. But if you learn computer for learning shake with the the best packages in the computer like what I said above,you just find yourself roaming around after being trained as computer operator. You can start your own business when you are very good in computer training and start to make a computer typesetting and photocopy with your machines. This will fetch you a lot of money that to work under somebody and be used as a slave.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
You can certainly get a Job as a computer programmer if you know what you're doing.

There's a high demand for software engineers worldwide, a lot of people are also diving into the field as a developers, the competition is getting stiff so if you want to have a chance in securing a job you have to be exceptional and have a great portfolio that showcases your past projects and bunch of other things like good communication skills.

Also, a good social profile can go a long way, maybe being active in one of the social networks that we have, some employers might want to see how you relate with other people as it will help them make a choice whether to employ you or not.

Also, as a programmer you can set out to build your own thing not necessarily as an employee, with that you really don't have to do much, what you need to do is to solve a problem in your immediate community and get some initial customers as users and after gaining traction you can then start seeking funding from venture capitalist and investors.

So at the end its all base of the road you're willing to follow.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My first job after I studied in the workshop of IBM in our country is as a computer programmer trainee in a commercial bank. From that start I continued with a career in technology. I'd say a computer programmer career is very rewarding maybe because I was employed by a bank for 10 years before I moved to a British software house as a senior programmer. However, the computer in those days are the so called mainframe which are big in physical size but very small in memory and storage capacity. That is the challenge of programmers in those days especially when I was tasked to handle the online system. We used COBOL and IBM Assembler for the coding of the program.

In this era of digital technology that small computers dominate the landscape it is obvious that programming is a good career in terms of rewards. I was trying to learn how to make an App because it is in fashion now. However, I do not have much time to spare in learning besides I may be too old to do programming work.