Can You Actually Make Money By Live Streaming on TikTok

Mika

VIP Contributor
With over 1 billion active monthly users and more than 40 percent of users between the ages of 18 and 25, TikTok is the most popular video-sharing platform for young people. Over the years, TikTok is also trying to evolve as a money-making site for creative people. One of the easiest ways to make money on TikTok is through live streaming.

You just need 1000 followers to be able to start live stream. If you create really good videos, you can reach there in a few weeks. However, the main question is can you actually make money by live streaming on TikTok?

You don’t make money just by live streaming, you will be making money only when other users gift you various items during the lie stream. These gifts can be converted for real cash. Therefore, earning depends on how many people gift you during the live stream. In order to receive gifts, you should be an exceptionally good video content creator.

Finger Geek

Verified member
This is a very good concept. It is far different from YouTube that in each video, ads will be shown before proceeding to the video. This makes it easy and possible for the YouTubers to make money from each video watched. With this new tip from tiktok, I think that it is good enough for the company as I don't see much revenue source in the platform like YouTube.

This there reward system, I think they are not the first to use it. I have watched a Korean series in which a video platform has the same rewarding system like this. With this method that they have introduced. It will encourage people to share valuable video, because they know that is the video content is valuable and it is what the users watching want, they will get gift from it and of which will be later converted to cash and withdraw it to there wallet. I love this.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can make money by live streaming on tiktok. Actually, this is the simplest method to make money on tiktok. However, whether you can actually make money through live streaming on tiktok depends on a number of factors, such as how many people join your live stream, how many people actually care about you and your content and are willing to send gifts, how good content creator you are, what you are actually doing on live streaming, etc. In order to make money through live streaming you need audience who will actually send you gifts, in order to send gifts these users need to buy various items from tiktok store previously and not many people will be interested in spending money on content creator. Having said that if you build a true fan base, you can earn gifts. There is also another method to earn through live stream that is to sell items during your live stream.