Investment Can we say fixed deposit a good form of investment?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
What is fixed deposits?
This can be describe as un-used money taken to the bank to keep for a certain period of time with an agreement on the interest to receive after the expiration of the set time.

Some people who have idle money normally go to bank to fix the money for a particular period of time and they earn interest at the end of the stipulated time.

Despite that it doesn't make big interest yet I believe its not that bad. If one have some money lying in his/bank Account, then its better to move it to a fixed deposit.
I believe if some one fixed his/her money in the bank it will be more safer than investing it in one business or what do you think

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It actually depends on the country you are because the percentage they are going to pay you a year depend on the country and the economy of your country, treasury bill or fixed deposit in Nigeria is one of the useless way to invest your money because they are not able to pay you up to 2% of what you invested every year.

PrinceB2

Yes you are right ...

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am encouraging the younger generation to keep their money in fixed deposit - we call it time deposit here. You agree to a term of say 6 months for an interest rate of 10% per year. If you will withdraw the money before the agreed 6 months then the interest rate will be cut to the minimum. You are forced to save for 6 months.

Setho

VIP Contributor
A fixed deposit account is actually a very good form of investment especially for people who are just starting out their investment journey. It is also safe because no matter what happens your initial capital is always going to remain there intact and a lot of financial institutions offer a very decent profit.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I can never advice someone who's considering investment to consider fixed deposit. Fixed deposit to me is just a way of time and resources. The money can be used for some productive things that can fetch more rewards than fixed deposit. Most time, the rate of interest on fixed deposit is nothing to write home about.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
A fixed deposit account is actually a very good form of investment especially for people who are just starting out their investment journey. It is also safe because no matter what happens your initial capital is always going to remain there intact and a lot of financial institutions offer a very decent profit.
You are correct. For some people who are just trying to learn or start to invest its very good to start from such a stage some time.
Keeping money in a Fixed deposit account also help someone to control oneself not to be spending all the money on unnecessary things. And the interest will also be added to the main capital after the stipulated time might have expired.