Which Is Better; Fixed Deposit Or Bonds?

Maks25

Fixed Deposit are short term in nature on the other hand Bonds have a long-term prospect. In my opinion fixed deposit is better so far u keep rolling over your capital and taking your interest after it matures.
The interest rates on both fixed deposits, bonds and commercial papers are calculated per annum.

The average range of interest is from 10-13% depending on volume of investment. For someone that needs quick money I won't advise any, but if I have time for patience, you can go for bond.

IamDozzy

I believe the most important criteria that should be used in determining which is better between Fixed deposit and Bond should b the interest rate that is offered. The option with the highest interest rate should be taken. To the best of my knowledge, fixed deposit has a higher interest rate as compared to bonds and as such I would recommend fixed deposit to any investor interested in either short term or long term investment. A number of commercial banks have fixed deposit accounts, so one can easily walk into any of these banks and open an account.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The fixed deposit earns an interest higher than the savings deposit. But if you invest in government bonds then you can earn more. However, the difference is not much because the earnings from the bonds will be taxed. Nevertheless it is still higher earnings than if you just save your money in the fixed deposit.