General insurance Can some one Insured Original Certificate!

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I believe Certificate is one of the things which affirm it that somebody has been qualifying to have something . Example; like one has attain or qualify for a profession ,buying a land or property.

In these case one can approach an insurance company and seek for there cover on that Certificate (original certificate).
Because I have witness a scenery that some body lost his School leaving Certificate in my country and when I went back to the school where hr graduated from but of fortunately they told him that its not possible for him to get another one back again .

In this very situation it will be very hard for somebody to overcome that pains in ones heart that's why its very good that one should go yo any insurance company that is good and seek advice on how to take cover on ones Original Certificate because of unforseen incident.

My question now is that; is it really possible to insured Original Certificate under Insurance Company?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Judging by a normal look at a document, I don’t think it is necessary to make use of the effort to insure a paper. I mean no matter how important the certificate might be, I believe there is always a way to retrieve or get another copy of it. To me, I don’t think it is needed even if one can insure it

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I don't think that there is need to insure your certificate. We all know that it could be very detrimental if one loses his certificate to theft or fire outbreak. Most of the vital documents can't be duplicated otherwise, it's becomes adulterated. Instead of insuring the documents, why not save the documents in the bank . I guess the premium will a lot cheaper than insuring it.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Insuring documents to me is not feasible. Let assume one has insured the documents and they later got lost, what will the insurance company now do? Will they issue another one or pay for the loss? That's why I said it is not feasible
We can rather save important documents in banks.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
If I am going to be honest with you, there is no need for you to ensure the certificate unless it is made of gold plate which is often not the case. The best thing you can do for your original certificate is to keep it safe in the bank if you think something bad will happen to it at your disposal. More so it is pretty much easier do we obtain original certificate from the institution which you got them.