General insurance Can the voice be insured?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is a simple topic that can be answered yes or no. I am posting this thread about the experience of Nora who is a very popular singer in our country. Aside from singing, she also became a top actress during her heyday. But her most precious asset is her golden voice that earned her the moniker superstar.

Some years ago a friend had sponsored Nora’s trip to Japan for a makeover to remove the wrinkles and other plastic surgery procedures. It was unfortunate that her voice box was affected by the medical procedure that she lost her voice. When she recovered, she could not sing anymore. One plastic surgeon said that she should have insured her voice before she underwent the operation. That is a clear statement that says you can insure your voice.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Most of the big celebrity musician do insure their voices but what I don’t understand is that, what will be the compensation for the insured if any damages befall the voice? Maybe the insurance company will pay for every expense to make sure it comes back to the normal function, I guess

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
She should have actually go for health insurance policy because there would have been coverage for that and ensure that her voice is insured since it's part of the body , that is actually what she would have done at the first instance , and not just insuring only one part when others could be affected too

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Insuring voice is new to me to be candid. But I think it is possible because most musicians do suffer from voice problems. One of my best musician just passed away in my country and the cause of his death was as a result of having cancer with his voice.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Insuring voice is new to me to be candid. But I think it is possible because most musicians do suffer from voice problems. One of my best musician just passed away in my country and the cause of his death was as a result of having cancer with his voice.
My question is that if the person have been having voice problem issues am not really sure the insurance company would actually do anything to insure his voice again , because there are more certainty that the voice issues might likely develop again ,that is why they could just buy an health insurance policy , it will cover everything too

btaliat

VIP Contributor
My question is that if the person have been having voice problem issues am not really sure the insurance company would actually do anything to insure his voice again , because there are more certainty that the voice issues might likely develop again ,that is why they could just buy an health insurance policy , it will cover everything too
The fact is that the voice would have been insured before the incidence happened to him. This means the voice would be checked regularly so that before it becomes so worse, something should have been done to remedified it. I so see most celebrities in my country suffering from one problem from the others before they don't take insurance serious.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Yes, you can insure your voice. Footballers have insured their legs, which means singers can insure their voice (or vocal chord to be precise). However, this kind of insurance policy is not available in my home country. If there was I would have insured my hands because I use my hands to work online. LOL

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The fact is that the voice would have been insured before the incidence happened to him. This means the voice would be checked regularly so that before it becomes so worse, something should have been done to remedified it. I so see most celebrities in my country suffering from one problem from the others before they don't take insurance serious.
Yeah exactly most even suffer from cancer and and other dangerous illness , , but it seems they are not too interested in finding an insurance cover that will be able to cover that risk from happening too ,so I will check about the voice insurance because my anticipation is that it's under health insurance