Can I make money as an admin of a forum?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Forum is a place where people hang out and discuss about different things online. Forum has been in existence before the advent of social media websites like Facebook, Instagram etc

There are some brilliant minds I meant online at one of the popular coding and programming forums. We have discussions and share ideas together.

Some of these guys are planning to start a forum dedicated to Python learning. They were looking for someone who will be an admin of the website.

I showed interest in becoming the admin of the forum. I was asked that how much am I willing to take for this job. I couldn't give any answer because I don't have and idea.

So I want to ask that can someone make money as an admin of a forum?

springtech

Forum is a place where people hang out and discuss about different things online. Forum has been in existence before the advent of social media websites like Facebook, Instagram etc

There are some brilliant minds I meant online at one of the popular coding and programming forums. We have discussions and share ideas together.

Some of these guys are planning to start a forum dedicated to Python learning. They were looking for someone who will be an admin of the website.

I showed interest in becoming the admin of the forum. I was asked that how much am I willing to take for this job. I couldn't give any answer because I don't have and idea.

So I want to ask that can someone make money as an admin of a forum?
I believe yes, you can make money being a site admin. Remember you are going to be rendering a service, basically the running and administration of the website lies on you. It is going to require a great deal of commitment from your end as your time, energy, knowledge, expertise will be required. In addition to this, there are things you need to put in place to be a good site admin. Ranging from the gadget/computer system, internet access, electricity. Of course being a Nigerian, i am sure you know power generation is a project on its own. So you see, being a site admin requires so much, hence you need to earn well too. In my opinion, 50-100k is manageable.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Yes, most of the money we have in a group are been owned by the administrator of the group or forum.without an iota of doubt they make alot of money, the oversee every income that comes into the platform, infact that are both the managers of the group and then financial managers of the forum. So it pays to act as the administrator.

Ekuvero

Though the major source of incomes from most of these forums are from traffic generated from the site alongside ads been advertised on the sites. So might likely say they would be a lot of commitment and responsibility from you to be an admin of a forum isn't an easy task cause you would be in charge of overseeing affairs of the site, day to day running of the site among other things