Can Honey Taste Bitter?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Honey is one of the natural foods we are blessed with and it comes with a lot of health benefits and medicinal properties.

Honey has a natural sweetener and this is the reason why some people are you using it in place of sugar in most of their beverages.

I have an older sister who like to always use honey whenever she wants to drink tea. The same thing goes for local custard.

Honey is a good source of antioxidants which helps to fight free radical elements within the body system.

Honey is rich vitamins and minerals. In some part of the region in my country, some people usually create a yummy candy with the uses of honey.

I like honey right when I was kid because my daddy used to buy it in large quantity install it somewhere at home.

I pay one of my uncles a visit few days ago and we were having discussion on various topics. Our discussion covered wide range of things from politics, dating as well as society at large.

While we were discussing, someone came and told him that the honey I bought last time was bitter and he was so surprised and angry about it. I was also surprised too because that's the first time I am going to hear such a thing.

So I am throwing up the question to you guys that can a honey be bitter in taste? If the answer is yes what could be the reason?