Can Altcoins Decouple From Bitcoin?

Shaf

Verified member
It's a norm expected in the crypto markets that Bitcoin and altcoins are closely related in terms of price, with the relationship being an inverse one.

When the price of Bitcoin goes up, the price of altcoins goes down and vice versa. A lot has been said about this, and of course people wonder if there is ever a time that altcoins won't behave in this pattern. If you are caught in an altcoin when Bitcoin is in a downtrend, you would lose a significant amount of money this way.

The truth is that altcoins will most likely never decouple from Bitcoin. The largest trading volumes occur in the form of Bitcoin/altcoin pairs. People also trade altcoins mainly to accumulate more Satoshis, except for small traders who do it to get more stablecoins. In a bear market, people will even trade Bitcoin and altcoins more just to accumulate more Bitcoin.

Thus whenever Bitcoin price goes down, they would sell their altcoins for Bitcoin, bringing the prices down while they will sell Bitcoin for altcoins in an opposite situation.

Imran Noori

Verified member
I don't think that altcoins could decouple Bitcoin because Bitcoin is the first ever crypto which was invented, it's roadmap is completely different and it is very secure, that is why most people in crypto industry believe in it rather than altcoins, this could be a reason that altcoins depend on Bitcoin.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
I don't think that altcoins could decouple Bitcoin because Bitcoin is the first ever crypto which was invented, it's roadmap is completely different and it is very secure, that is why most people in crypto industry believe in it rather than altcoins, this could be a reason that altcoins depend on Bitcoin.
Does the situation will remain the same if the bitcoin is fully mined and therefore this could be possible in the next upcoming day? So what do you think about?

Imran Noori

Verified member
Does the situation will remain the same if the bitcoin is fully mined and therefore this could be possible in the next upcoming day? So what do you think about?
All 21 million Bitcoins will be mined in year 2140 and I think it will take alot of time, I think for now and upcoming years in this decade bitcoin will still be the king of crypto currency.

Suba

Staff member
Altcoins cannot be decoupled from Bitcoin because the two are related in price. Maybe you often observe market movements, both between Bitcoin and Altcoin often get along, go down or go up together, but they often occur in opposite directions. In the crypto world Bitcoin is the safest crypto to invest in, while most of the Altcoins are still speculative, especially the new altcoins which are very risky and also have a low market capitalization. If you observe the overall market sentiment, you will see that when there is an uptrend in Bitcoin, most of the Altcoins are in short positions, while Bitcoin is in long positions.

Maybe you also often observe the market, sometimes many Altcoins follow Bitcoin prices, because Bitcoin dominates crypto market capitalization,

riberet19

Altcoins are highly correlated with bitcoin, it is true that there are times when they are somewhat uncorrelated and act freely, but they are only in very sporadic cases. I think it will continue to be that way for a long time since Bitcoin was the first and the one that really revolutionized the world. world and finance to a certain extent too, the others apart from Ethereum bring little new to offer from my point of view.

Besides there is nothing wrong with it continuing to be like this, as long as Bitcoin continues to grow the others will follow the path and we will be able to keep earning in the crypto market I think.