Can A Person Own Or Manage A Website Without Knowing Technology?

Sikapa

Verified member
Another good way to make online money is to own a website. Owning a website is not simple and easy task because you have to let search engine to know your site. This means your site has to be rank on the SEO so you can get more visitors to your website.

If you are an affiliate marketer, the best way is to have a website where you can promote your affiliates links or your affiliates banners. Many people who are having a websites that are well known by the search engines are getting money from people who are posting their banners on their websites.

Now what really bothers me is do you think everyone can own a website even if the person knows nothing about technology? To me I don't think so because of maybe one or two things the person has to do about the site to make it more interesting.

Last edited:

niche

Verified member
It is very difficult for a website to get any traffic from search engines, especially for keywords where there is more competition. Without enough traffic, there is almost no revenue from PPC and CPM advertising. In some cases, the webmaster can make some money from text link advertising. If the person does not understand technology, cannot manage websites, he or she will have to hire someone and pay the person. Since advertising rates are low, most website owners are making very less money. So if a person is willing to make a loss, they can definitely own a website

Aditi

I think no, because if we have to do something, then we need to have complete knowledge about it.

AfriPeeps Official

The answer is yes... With the advancement in technology these days you can easily do virtually anything when it comes to creating and managing a website or a blog. For beginners or people who lack knowledge about coding or tech, you can easily learn one or two things on tutorial videos you can find on YouTube. Also you can create your own website or blog with CMS like WordPress and others. With time you will find that there's nothing so difficult in it.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Yes, there are many user-friendly website builders like Wix, Squarespace and WordPress that allow people to create and manage websites without coding knowledge. Their drag-and-drop interfaces, themes and extensions make it accessible for anyone to build an attractive, functional site. While a basic technical understanding helps troubleshoot issues, no deep expertise is required for content creation, SEO optimization, ecommerce setup, domain registration etc. The availability of quality help resources also enables running a successful website now without being tech-savvy.