Can a lady be successful in Barbing Salon Business?

funmi

Verified member
For so many years I have discovered that men do learn how to make hair and they do it as their business. In fact, the ones I have met are always good at what they do.
I also noticed that many ladies usually lined up behind the guy that is making even when other hair dressers are there that are women, they won't allow the women to do their hair,they will prefer the guys to do it for them. They won't even mind the amount of time wasted at the saloon shop. They will definitely wait.
Now, I am considering this for the opposite sex for a barbing job. What if a woman learn and start doing the job of a barber? Will that not be amazing? Though, in Nigeria, such job for women is not common but am just saying what if ladies start venturing into such business, will they not do well in it?
Your view on this will be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Barbing is a male dominated business nevertheless I believe a female that is very good in the craft will be very successful, people will want to try something different, as long as she is very competent just like their male counterparts that are doing very well in Hair dressing.

funmi

Verified member
I have never seen a lady operating a Bibing salon before, it is always operated by the men and I think if a lady actually decide to go into it they can successfully do it because I don't see anything difficult about operating a barbing salon that a lady will not be able to do, it is a matter of choice.
Thanks for your contribution. Me too, I have never seen a lady in Nigeria who barbs hair before. If a lady can cut her son's hair with blade then if she learns the skills well, she can do even more better than the male. It truly a matter a choice and interest.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course, anyone can be successful in any business provided that he or she have the right knowledge and understanding of how such business or service works. Even though there are so many men into barbing salon business but if a lady can learn how to Barb very well she will definitely be successful because a lot of men were like female to barb them.

Richee84

There is actually no job a lady can not do now as long is a legal job to earn a leaving. The most important thing is for the lady to be very good in what she is doing. If she know the job very well and well dedicated to her work most men will prefer service than their fellow man. Her gender will rather be to her own advantage in the job.

IamDozzy

I would say a big YES to the possibility of a woman being successful in the barbing saloon business provided she's very skilled in the job and not medicore. If she is medicore then she would be like all other average barbers whin usually struggle for customers daily. But if she's skilled I can guarantee she would be very successful especially if she migrated to Western countries. In Western countries there is a dearth of skilled barbers whose services usually worths a lot.

Good luck

Verified member
Barbing salon business is strictly for men that's why we have stylist which is what women do but I think everybody can do what pleases him or her as long as it will bring money.we see female Okada rider,bus conductor,etc....Since we have male stylist,it is not a bad idea to have a female barber.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's a very good idea. A lady will make more money than boys in the business if she is very good at it. According to the law of nature, boys are naturally attracted by girls. So, if you really want to adopt the law of nature , you will make a lot of money. I will like to have my hair barbed by a lady if she can give a very good haircut

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for your contribution. Yes. I Understand what you said. I have not seen any lady doing barbing salon business in Nigeria. Though, I have seen many mothers using blade to help their children to cut their children's hair. But I still believe a lady can do the job well.
Lolz,this one that you are just saying is local means of barbing and is likely to happen in the village, a woman can do the job conveniently if they are interested in doing but sometimes they just believe within themselves that this is not actually the job for women to do and they believe it is only something for the male to engage into

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Why not, I don’t think it about the gender but the quality of service. if a lady knows and have all it takes to run a hair salon then she will make a success of it. It is good to study the business and come up with strategies to succeed

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Thank you for your contribution. What I know about barbing business or any other business is that you can't just give it out to any body to manage for you. Even your own brother or sister can not manage it well as you expected. So I believe a lady can handle a barbing salon business very well.
If you believe in yourself that you can manage barbing saloon business expertly then you should go into it. Their is no specific business that is mainly for women. Anyone can start up whatever that feels right to him or her, as far as the passion is there. Woman this days tries to replicate the qualities men, and doing what men do to earn a living.

funmi

Verified member
I have never seen a lady operating a Bibing salon before, it is always operated by the men and I think if a lady actually decide to go into it they can successfully do it because I don't see anything difficult about operating a barbing salon that a lady will not be able to do, it is a matter of choice.
Thanks for your contribution. Yes. I Understand what you said. I have not seen any lady doing barbing salon business in Nigeria. Though, I have seen many mothers using blade to help their children to cut their children's hair. But I still believe a lady can do the job well.

funmi

Verified member
I've not met a lady before barbing peoples hair before, I only see it like an earning opportunity for a male. A female can start up a business lime barbing saloon, and keep someone there to help manage the business to yield promote for her, but the person will be a trusted and reliable person that she knows the family background of the barber.
Thank you for your contribution. What I know about barbing business or any other business is that you can't just give it out to any body to manage for you. Even your own brother or sister can not manage it well as you expected. So I believe a lady can handle a barbing salon business very well.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is going to be a really interesting thing to get my hair cut by a lady, there is truly nothing bad in it. Anyone can just decide to learn a skill and then make good money whether make or female.
If you as a lady is reputed to be very good at Barbing, I believe more guys would love to patronize you.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It will be fantastic for a female having male hair cut. Naturally, male will prefer cutting their hairs with a female that knows how to cut hair. Although I have not cut hairs from female before but I am very sure if I see a female that's good at cutting hair, I will surely patronize her. So if a female knows how to market her ways, she will surely pay off cutting hairs.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
This indeed a fantastic idea, as this is not seen as abnormal in so many advance country although in my country it might look a little out of place because of our mental orientation of the business been a man's business but to be honest a lady can also find a way to it. All that matters is developing the skills and the sky will be your starting point.

Sammyesx

Barbing is a male dominated business nevertheless I believe a female that is very good in the craft will be very successful, people will want to try something different, as long as she is very competent just like their male counterparts that are doing very well in Hair dressing.

Solution

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I've not met a lady before barbing peoples hair before, I only see it like an earning opportunity for a male. A female can start up a business lime barbing saloon, and keep someone there to help manage the business to yield promote for her, but the person will be a trusted and reliable person that she knows the family background of the barber.