First Lady Teacher of India

Paridhi

India's first lady teacher and social reformer Savitribai Phule. Savitribai not only worked on women's rights, she also worked to stop female infanticide. She campaigned and opened the ashram for the newborn girl child to save them. Let's know some special things related to her.

Born in a village in Maharashtra, was married at the age of 9-
1-Savitribai Phule was born on 3 January 1831 in the village of Naigaon in Satara, Maharashtra India. She was the first principal of the first girls school in India and the founder of the first farmers school.

2- She played an important role in educating women and their rights about 150 years ago. However, she was married to Jyotiba Phule at the age of 9.

3-Her husband Jyotiba Phule was also a social worker and writer. Jyotiba also opened the first school in 1848, along with wife Savitribai, to improve the condition of women and to give them identity in the society. It was the first school in the country to be opened for girls.

4-There was no lady teacher to teach girls in this school, so he prepared wife Savitribai for this.

Savitribai used to carry a Sari in her bag-

Jia Lal Arya has written in his book Krantijyoti Savitri Phule that Savitribai used to take a Sari with her in a bag. Because while going to schoool to teach girls, people used to throw dirt, mud, cow dung at her on the way. In such a situation, Savitri used to change dirty Sari after reaching school. Once husband Jyotiba also asked Savitribai about this.
Savitribai Phule and Jyotiba Phule opened 18 schools for girls from 1 January 1848 to 15 March 1852 without any financial support and help.

Father snatched and threw away the book-

Savitri was turning the pages of an English book when she was young, when her father saw it and immediately snatched the book and threw it out the window, because at that time there was only the right of education to the men of upper caste.

At that time, it was considered a sin to study Dalits and women. After a while, Savitribai brought that book back quietly and that day she decided that she would learn to read and one day her dream came true after her marriage to Jyotiba Phule.

While serving people -She died-
In 1897, an epidemic of plague spread in Pune, with hundreds of people dying every day. Savitribai then opened a hospital with the help of her adopted son Yashwant. She used to bring sick people to the hospital herself.

Once, she was taking a child suffering from plague to the hospital at her back. During this time she also got plague and Savitribai Phule died on 10 March 1897 due to this illness.

India's first lady teacher and social reformer Savitribai Phule. Savitribai not only worked on women's rights, she also worked to stop female infanticide. She campaigned and opened the ashram for the newborn girl child to save them. Let's know some special things related to her.

Born in a village in Maharashtra, was married at the age of 9-
1-Savitribai Phule was born on 3 January 1831 in the village of Naigaon in Satara, Maharashtra India. She was the first principal of the first girls school in India and the founder of the first farmers school.

2- She played an important role in educating women and their rights about 150 years ago. However, she was married to Jyotiba Phule at the age of 9.

3-Her husband Jyotiba Phule was also a social worker and writer. Jyotiba also opened the first school in 1848, along with wife Savitribai, to improve the condition of women and to give them identity in the society. It was the first school in the country to be opened for girls.

4-There was no lady teacher to teach girls in this school, so he prepared wife Savitribai for this.

Savitribai used to carry a Sari in her bag-
Jia Lal Arya has written in his book Krantijyoti Savitri Phule that Savitribai used to take a Sari with her in a bag. Because while going to schoool to teach girls, people used to throw dirt, mud, cow dung at her on the way. In such a situation, Savitri used to change dirty Sari after reaching school. Once husband Jyotiba also asked Savitribai about this.
Savitribai Phule and Jyotiba Phule opened 18 schools for girls from 1 January 1848 to 15 March 1852 without any financial support and help.

Father snatched and threw away the book-
Savitri was turning the pages of an English book when she was young, when her father saw it and immediately snatched the book and threw it out the window, because at that time there was only the right of education to the men of upper caste.

At that time, it was considered a sin to study Dalits and women. After a while, Savitribai brought that book back quietly and that day she decided that she would learn to read and one day her dream came true after her marriage to Jyotiba Phule.

While serving people -She died-
In 1897, an epidemic of plague spread in Pune, with hundreds of people dying every day. Savitribai then opened a hospital with the help of her adopted son Yashwant. She used to bring sick people to the hospital herself.

Once, she was taking a child suffering from plague to the hospital at her back. During this time she also got plague and Savitribai Phule died on 10 March 1897 due to this illness.
I read about Savitribai but I don't know all what you write here. At that time peoples oppose her but it is fact that at present lady teaches are back bone of our education system. I most of private schools more than 90% teaching staff is ladies. They are doing teaching work for few money. They are getting too much less than government teachers

I read about Savitribai but I don't know all what you write here. At that time peoples oppose her but it is fact that at present lady teaches are back bone of our education system. I most of private schools more than 90% teaching staff is ladies. They are doing teaching work for few money. They are getting too much less than government teachers
I am also agreed with you.

I am also agreed with you.
I think it is sacrifice of females for education of student that they are working in private school at salary which is less then of office assistance of government offices. It is not possible for government to provide education to all students of the country and standard of education is also not good in government schools like private schools