Buying a vacation home for rental business

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A vacation home is not cheap especially if it is situated in a beach front. Most of the vacation home owners I know use their vacation home once or twice a year because they do not have time. Those vacation homes are like being wasted.

A wealthy friend is scouting for a vacation home in the mountain side or maybe in the forest. His idea is to rent out the vacation home when not in use. The budget is quite big because there would be a swimming pool and some cottages for accommodation of friends aside from the main house. The intended size is at least 2 hectares. I feel excited on this plan because I was requested to go with him when visiting a prospective house to buy. My interest is actually in the renting out.

In the world right now, it is very easy to move within locations than it was about 20 or 30 years ago so many people are interested in taking vacations outside where they stay. This is why I believe that investing in holiday apartment is something that is going to give him profit in the long run especially if the location is like the one you describe.