Business you can start as a student with less capital

Wiserr

Considering the fact that there are a lot of business one can go for, which will definitely enhance one to earn passive income, though most business seems to require a lot of capital before everything will work appropriately, and what I observe is that most big business seems to demand a lot of capital, while small business do not require a lot of capital, also it depends on how the owner of the business wants his business to be, so as a student I think most of us lack a lot of capital that can enhance us to go for big business, i have seen a lot of people most especially the students who go for business like opening barbing saloon within the school premise, I am pretty sure that opening a Barning saloon won't cost a lot of capital in other to set everything, after getting a good location that will attract more customers, I believe one has to first get his clippers, mirrors, bench and lot of more, though this are the necessary things needed, I believe one will earn passive income with this type of business without encountering any sort of obstacle or the other, so what business will you suggest for a student to go for, business that won't demand much capital.

Well, college is not a place for starting up long term business, so when you mean business I believe you are talking about something you can do as a side hustle to earn cash while studying. I've got a few things you could do while still in college/university.

1. Become a virtual assistant: one thing about becoming a virtual assistant is that you can do it anywhere. Help companies perform helpful task bye fixing up a meeting date, bringing new clients, setting events and appointments etc. All it requires is just a mobile phone and a working internet connection.

2. Become a blogger: you can create a simple blog I'll start writing articles or news. You can do this with your free time. Managing a blog requires patience and consistency so you have to work hard in order to attract visitors and enable Google index your site. Sign up for an ad network and monetize your blog and start earning.

3. Become a YouTuber: you can also open a YouTube Channel and get it monetized by posting consistently.

4. Make digital contents: one of the best thing/business to start up in college is making of digital content like digital art, printing handouts, making PDFs etc. Since it's a school environment this will be one of the most lucrative business to start up.

5. Be a tutor: This is another money-making idea, become a tutor and use your knowledge to make money by taking lessons and extra classes by teaching others all taking tutorials. This is an added advantage as it help you learn more.

funmi

Verified member
There are several things a student can do while in school and earn something decent for themselves, I remember my first year in school, parents had some financial challenges at the time and I used to be a very studios person so I always learn new skills, at the time I was good at baking all manner of foods, so started a side hustle as I will bake cakes and chin-chin and load it up in my bags and take them to class and sell everything almost on a daily basis. So I was never really out of cash as I was always getting contract from people, and sometimes I help in making birthday cakes and the likes.

This really went a long way to help me and my siblings aswel. At some point I got space where I was training some people on how to also train other people on how to bake and I was also making money from that too. Some of the people I trained on how to bake then are now doing so well with the trade. I even trained a friend that later moved to the united states of America. And she is working with the skills she learnt from me.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Starting a business as a student is one of the best things you can do for yourself because there is joy in schooling and making money simultaneously. I will be talking about some online businesses that can be started by a student and make some good amount of money from it.

Before then, it is important for you to know that as a student what you need is a passive income stream because you may not have a lot of time to do some certain work on the internet and also study.

One of the businesses you can start as a student is Amazon Kindle publishing. Amazon Kindle publishing allows you to publish books on Amazon platform and probably make some good amount of money from it. You need to understand that you need the necessary knowledge of keyword research, how to write books properly and how to format them properly in order for you to be able to succeed.

These are probably not the only things you need to succeed because there are a lot of other things and YouTube can help you learn them.

Blogging is also another good business venture a student can venture into and make some good amount of money from it. It is also another passive income stream.