Earn Money Blogging VS YouTube: Which makes money faster?

D

Deleted member 13140

Am just going to go through the process how the two makes money and if you're up for it. You can tell me which one you think can make money faster. Because am considering on starting one of the two, I already know alot about them. But I just can't figure out which to start.

BLOGGING: I suppose we all already know what blogging is.
How to get monetized, well its not completely straightforward, but you can make money with Adsense as a new blogger, but it takes alot of time, I guess because you will have to reach a certain number of posts and probably traffic before you get accepted.

And even when you do, you'll still have to work on traffic, and ad clicks and mostly newbies don't earn enough from adsense from the start. You'll need alot of traffic to start seeing ant reasonable result.

But what about affiliate marketing - you also need traffic, except you're really really good with it then you might have a chance to get sales.

YouTubing
We all know what it is, so am going to go straight to the goof stuff.
How to get monetized and start earning.
So just like blogging you have to reach a certain milestone (4k watch time and 1k subs) and as much as it will seem easy uts not easy to get people to watch your videos, talk more of subscribing.

But the earning process is much more easier and straightforward.
1. Ads
2. Sponsorship
3. Affiliate marketing

And probably many more I don't want to list but I think it all depends on your location.

I watched an income report of a youtuber from the USA earning over $14,000 from 1millions Views.
And someone from I think Nigeria Earning well Around $1k - 2k from 1 million views.

Though I think they're alot of factors to consider when it comes to earning potential.
But I think blogging is faster..

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have taken my time to read most people comments here and if this were to be debate, we all know that blogging would have become the winner. I get their reasons, not many people visit YouTube the way they visit blogs for information. This means blogging may generate much traffic.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
A very realistic point of view the both ways I wants that are definitely going to take you sometime of hard work before you will be able to effectively monetize them. How fast you're going to monetize is based on how fast your blog or your YouTube construction and popularity.
That's the point I think we are all missing. We don't even take into cognizant the effect of monetizing the blog and even the YouTube. The faster we can monetize either the YouTube or the blog, the faster we will be making money through it. And then it depends on the quality of posts that one is able to post on either of the two.

D

Deleted member 13140

You can start making money with blogging faster than YouTube. The reason is because once I finish setting up a plug you can sign up with affiliate program. if things are done right you can make money right from the first day or first week of setting up the website. you can make money faster on your YouTube channel unless you are selling your own product and you need to build authority first which usually takes time.
I think you missed out traffic to your blog, on the first day you probably aren't noticed by anyone, Google has to know you that's why seo takes time.
Only except you draw traffic from other sources, I know it's possible but it's difficult.
It's either you spend money or you get prepared before you start your blog, which basically means you should grow an audience on a social media platform then when you start your blog, traffic won't be that difficult

D

Deleted member 13140

In my opinion, both are good in their own ways blogging is a good source of income when you have good content of trending topics on the market you can make good income whereas on youtube you need a large audience who subscribe to your channel and more views on a youtube video and the main source of income through ads. I personally feel that youtube is a good source of income for that person who large audience on their channel and in blogging you can need only good content of particular topic you choose and I think in blogging you can make money easily if you have but want to grow fast and in youtube, you need time because customer attract to your youtube channel at least six months needed
I won't support youtube all that much, but I know it's a huge source of Income, because like I said someone earned $14,000 with 1 million views.
That's very huge, you know I believe one could make that amount also from blogging with 1 million page views, but it's highly dependent on the location of those that view your page. These first tier can earn you well Around that $14k.

D

Deleted member 13140

I think blogging makes you money faster. If you have published high quality content, you can get your blog approved by adsense in less than 30 days after launching it, you can get approved even in one week provided you have a lot of articles. But you will have to work for many months to reach the monetization threshold on youtube.
Well am surprised, I didn't really believe a blog can be monetized within a month but that's really incredible. Some hope for me..
But won't adsense notice the articles were written within days, In space of a month.
Isn't it against their policy or something, I haven't really read it, because i think it's so many.

D

Deleted member 13140

YouTube makes you money faster because you can earn from every views on your videos. Whereas with blogging your ads need to be clicked in order to earn from adsense ads. However, monetizing a blog is easier than monetizing youtube channel. Traffic is not a requirement for blog monetization. You can also use multiple ada on blogs.
I think you're missing something. Yes YouTube your ads need to be watched for you to earn.
Also you will earn higher once its clicked.
But that's not what to clarify,
1. Not all locations can earn well on YouTube, I know you believe YouTube is easier to make videos but, trust me it's not so easy
2. In Blogging you also earn from videos and it's called ad impressions, the earnings in some cases are insignificant but I cam assure you I have seen a blogger with huge cpm rate

Setho

VIP Contributor
A very realistic point of view the both ways I wants that are definitely going to take you sometime of hard work before you will be able to effectively monetize them. How fast you're going to monetize is based on how fast your blog or your YouTube construction and popularity.

D

Deleted member 13140

There is none between the two that cannot fetch you cool money. The one to go for depend on the function of passion and the target audience. A passionate writer who also have avid readers will prefer blogging to YouTube which is fancy by people that prefer visual to verbal. Money can be made the same way in the two.
I guess I fall into the field of passionate writers because I prefer blogging than YouTubing.
Though I think any blogger would also love to get audience from YouTube soooo venturing into the both won't be a complete bad idea but that would be when you have succeded in blogging, so you can have enough money to get a team that will help you in writing content so you can concentrate on making videos.
And yes money can be made from the two but blogging is definitely faster if I'll be truthful to myself and also consider my location and target audience

D

Deleted member 13140

The tips you gave are quite very good and of course, blogging and youtubing are very lucrative ventures. It is therefore advisable that anyone that really wants to venture into any of these should learn how to optimise search engines in order to be able to get a lot of engagement and organic traffic without having to spend money.
Even If you optimize search engines it doesn't guarantee your earninb potential when it comes to youtubing.

Unless you target audience from a specific region that has higher cpc potential apart from that you can't earn faster from a YouTube channel

It's only when it comes to blogging, it's really vast and it's possible to earn a very good amount from blogging even if you target your local city.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You can start making money with blogging faster than YouTube. The reason is because once I finish setting up a blog you can sign up with affiliate program. if things are done right you can make money right from the first day or first week of setting up the website. You can make money faster on your YouTube channel if you are selling your own product but you need to build authority first which usually takes time.

Last edited:
In my opinion, both are good in their own ways blogging is a good source of income when you have good content of trending topics on the market you can make good income whereas on youtube you need a large audience who subscribe to your channel and more views on a youtube video and the main source of income through ads. I personally feel that youtube is a good source of income for that person who large audience on their channel and in blogging you can need only good content of particular topic you choose and I think in blogging you can make money easily if you have but want to grow fast and in youtube, you need time because customer attract to your youtube channel at least six months needed

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think blogging makes you money faster. If you have published high quality content, you can get your blog approved by adsense in less than 30 days after launching it, you can get approved even in one week provided you have a lot of articles. But you will have to work for many months to reach the monetization threshold on youtube.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
YouTube makes you money faster because you can earn from every views on your videos. Whereas with blogging your ads need to be clicked in order to earn from adsense ads. However, monetizing a blog is easier than monetizing youtube channel. Traffic is not a requirement for blog monetization. You can also use multiple ada on blogs.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is none between the two that cannot fetch you cool money. The one to go for depend on the function of passion and the target audience. A passionate writer who also have avid readers will prefer blogging to YouTube which is fancy by people that prefer visual to verbal. Money can be made the same way in the two.

uforwealth

Verified member
Both blogging and Youtubing are profitable. However, blogging is a faster way to make money online than Youtubing. You need at least twenty useful, meaningful and problem-solving blog posts with at least a hundred visitors per day to monetize your blog content according to Google Adsense terms and conditions. On the other hand, it will take you a lot of time to make money on youtube because of Youtube monetization requirements which are not easy to meet within a short period of time.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The tips you gave are quite very good and of course, blogging and youtubing are very lucrative ventures. It is therefore advisable that anyone that really wants to venture into any of these should learn how to optimise search engines in order to be able to get a lot of engagement and organic traffic without having to spend money.