Best Ways to Earn from Etsy

Mika

VIP Contributor
Etsy is an ecommerce marketplace where you can sell physical and digital products.

Selling digital products is comparatively easy because you do not have to bother with packaging product and shipping product, and you can sell the same product again and again. Selling Physical products require you to package and ship product. However, there is also a method of selling physical products where you do not have to fulfil the order. It is called print-on-demand method. This method allows you to integrate your Etsy account with print-on-demand stores like printify and printful. You create products on these stores, and sell the product on Etsy. When your product is purchased, printful or printify will fulfill the order. In doing so you sell physical products while doing no work for creating product or shipping product. You can earn at least 20 percent profits from selling these products. Just like digital products, you can sell the same print-on-demand product again and again.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I don't think Etsy is a good platform for Print-On-Demand products. Here are my reasons:
You will have to pay for listing your product. It is just 20 cents but imagine how much money you will have to spend if you try to list a lot of products, and we all know not all products get sold.
You will have to pay 6.5 percent sales commission. Well, you will pay only when you sell products, but when you have to pay sales commission, your profit per product will be less.
You also have payment procession fees, so this also adds to your selling cost on Etsy.
Since you are selling Print-On-Demand products, you will also have to pay to the print company.
If you are paying $20 for the product, you will have to sell the product for at least $40 to cover your all expenses and make some profits. When selling price is high, it will be difficult to sell.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Thank you very much for letting us know about this selling platform. So far I have been dealing with the selling of physical products and I must confess that it is not very easy. I think that now it is time to start selling digital products as well by using this platform. I will definitely give it a try.