Are You Smarter Than a Trading Robot?

selena1

Verified member
These days it is hard to miss the many advertisements for trading robots that promise easy success at trading. The idea of a program that automatically trades for you while you are asleep or doing other activities sounds like an ideal situation. No emotions, no demands and no loss of sleep. Just collect the money like it was your own private ATM.

As a professional trader, I have of course had opportunity to check into many of these systems, after all we all look for ways to make our lives better, easier and for what will give us more free time. I must admit that the concept was intriguing; had technology really come so far that a trader could actually trust a program with real money? I had visions of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator robot in an unstoppable onslaught of taking down one trade after another. Then I recalled that the Terminator was based on a computer system that went AWOL and was out to destroy the humans it was built to serve as soon as it was trusted. What if this program did the same with my money? Shivers ran down my spine. What was the reality with these systems? Could they be trusted?

After a review of a few systems I realized two things:

There is no Arnold Schwarzenegger waiting to terminate your account
There is no Sky-net system that can conquer the trading world for you.
Most trading robots have safety protocols that prevent an account meltdown. Limitations vary from a specific number of failed trades to a specific total account loss before the system will activate a complete shutdown of all trading. It seems that the programmers themselves are Sci-fi enthusiasts and had their own fear of an arising Terminator because they ensured that it would never happen. Unfortunately, there isn't likely to ever be such a threat anyway since most of these systems are based on very simple trading rules. There is definitely no Sky-net here, which also translates into less than spectacular results.

Mary Frederick

Using robots is a bogus idea because it is highly risky. Prepare your trading-genial mindset for better trading. A good trading broker must play a vital role in all regard. Eurotrader isd a highly secure broker for all types of investors.

biswasd

I'm never in favor of robots. Because I think a robot can never do anything better than itself. But yes if you have a high balance then you can use the robot. I do my own trading. Moreover, if you are trading on a robot, you must have a special understanding of that robot. Kenan If the robot can't do its job properly or any of its settings are wrong, your account can be zeroed. So try to do your own trade. If not, hire a mentor.

FXOchartist

Verified member
I prever manual trading so far, although out there are so many promising robot, however using robot also need extra cost although in small budget it is need to use VPS, trading using robot indeed unstopable, however if robot can't stop and will fight until the last battle getting margin call account. If just want get robot there are many free and paid robot in MQL5.com. With manual trading I can manage the risk properly.