Are Twitter and Vitalik guilty for Blue Tick Ethereum Scam?

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
The Ethereum Merge process is finally completed, but there is a lot of anger among people against Vitalik and Twitter over the blue tick scam that happened just 2 days before the merge.

Buterin is very active on social media, particularly Twitter, where he is verified, and scammers target this. From nowhere, fake Vitalik Twitter accounts appeared with blue ticks and advertised the merger celebration giveaway sponsored by Vitalik, which is a known Ponzi strategy to scam people .

Those who lost their ETH to the scam, are now blaming both Vitalik and Twitter, asking them to return their assets. Although anyone can say that they (victims) are responsible for their own actions (sending ETH), Twitter and Vitalik are not clean on this. Twitter's fault is the fake verification mark, and Vitalik's fault is that he tried nothing against the scam address, no red alert was issued to any exchange or wallet.

Suba

Staff member
I do not understand, whether Vitalik and Twitter will be responsible for this fraud, at least investigate fraudulent wallets, fake accounts often appear on Twitter. However, the Ethereum merger was completed today, and the Ethereum PoW blockchain has been completely replaced with PoS. which is said to reduce mining electricity costs by more than 99%. but this doesn't mean the gas fee will go down in a short time.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
which is said to reduce mining electricity costs by more than 99%. but this doesn't mean the gas fee will go down in a short time.
According to Vitalik, this will reduce electricity consumption by 0.2%, he means that was the rate of power which was used to mine ether.

Gas fees is another issue, mentioned in another thread here.

I do not understand, whether Vitalik and Twitter will be responsible for this fraud
Laws of diffrent regions have diffrent views. But in general, Twitter giving fake Varification becomes guilty, and Vitalik took no action to scammer address, he could have issued red alert to all exchanges.