Are Professional Degrees worth the Hype?

D

Deleted member 28873

Are Professional Degrees worth the Hype? my answer is totally no,the days are gone when you come out with a medical degree or an engineering degree you would be worshiped and are automatically rich but nowadays the number of people graduating from institution are much ,all are graduating with the sole purpose of getting employed.The issue of employment in my country is worst.I have seen graduates riding bike for transportation.my teachers in secondary school then where all graduates,they studied good courses and where did that take them too, it took them to working 15k job.

greatguy1

In the past, a lot of people benefitted from studying professional courses like Medicine, Engineering, Law, Accounting etc. while people that didn't do professional courses usually struggled to get a job. But these days I have noticed that the trend is changing. For example, there are some footballers that didn't see the four walls of a school talkless of studying professional courses but they are some of the world's top earners in our society as of today. There are also some Programmers and software developers that are self taught and never went to a formal school yet they earn a lot. This lead me to the following questions,
In the future say , 15 years from now, would professional degree matter ?
There would still be need for most professionals in the next 50 years, not even 15 years. A medical doctor would be needed to tend to the sick, a lawyer would handle litigations and an engineer would work on engines. There may be some professional courses that would decline a bit but not even earnings or science would outdo the highlighted professionals.

Daykas

Yes they worth the hyping cause this are profession that can not be put aside in any leading countries. Doctor will always be the best of their work and engineer will be needed too. Therefore they worth the hyping

D

Deleted member 27126

In the past, a lot of people benefitted from studying professional courses like Medicine, Engineering, Law, Accounting etc. while people that didn't do professional courses usually struggled to get a job. But these days I have noticed that the trend is changing. For example, there are some footballers that didn't see the four walls of a school talkless of studying professional courses but they are some of the world's top earners in our society as of today. There are also some Programmers and software developers that are self taught and never went to a formal school yet they earn a lot. This lead me to the following questions,
In another country, I will say that they are worth the hype but here, they really are not worth it. You will see a Master's degree holder with no particular good paying job. Isn't that pathetic?

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Believe me all degree worth hyping... As far that the degree or the course gives you joy then I see no reason why you should not hype it... As a social scientist that I am... A lot of people will say things like... It's pure science that we are asking contribution from but I don't get wavered because I know one way or the other I've contributed to the society.

IamDozzy

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Like someone up there have already see it each depends on the kind of country you are. In Nigeria for example there are few courses at you can really make money with. courses like medicine and a few of them you can only get jobs easily but that doesn't guarantee you to make a lot of money with it because there is scarcity of jobs.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
In another country, I will say that they are worth the hype but here, they really are not worth it. You will see a Master's degree holder with no particular good paying job. Isn't that pathetic?
Very pathetic I say... That is why I tell people not to rely only on their certificate... You must go and explore other options and that options is to learn a trade or even learn a skills... Have something that will fetch you money... Invest in little business that the capital is not much...

D

Deleted member 27126

Very pathetic I say... That is why I tell people not to rely only on their certificate... You must go and explore other options and that options is to learn a trade or even learn a skills... Have something that will fetch you money... Invest in little business that the capital is not much...
Exactly my point. There are some people out there whose aim is to rely solely on their certificate. all their aims and objectives in life is to go to school, get a certificate, and use the same certificate to earn a living by become a worker or employee in an organization. this is not bad anyways but the system of this country does not allow such to be done. you need to be able to diversify and look for other means of survival should there be no opportunity coming up for you through your certificate.

Syldan

Yes. A professional degree helps students prepare for careers in specific fields, such as law, pharmacy, medicine, and education. The length of the programs vary and can span anywhere from one to five years, depending on the institution you attend.

eojo2401

Professional degree is good but not the best in my nation. The best thing is to get strong connection with the top politicians or top public servants like permanent secretary or political office holders like ministers or special adviser to Mr President or state governor or Senators. Without that, your professional certificate may be useless and you may end up being a private nursery and primary school teacher.

Irfan Aslam

Is Hype worth technical diplomas? My answer is no. It's time to get out of a medical degree or engineering degree that you would worship and that you are automatically wealthy, but now there are so many people who graduate, all of which graduate for the sole purpose of being employed. The employment issue in my country is worse.

anil02

Verified member
For some profession degree or certificate is mandatory. In law profession most of things we learn with training but to register as a attorney we needs degree. Like in India to be work and CA, one must have to degree is must. In India medical profession without a legal degree is illeagal.