A Checklist to Assess If You Are Spendthrift

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Use the below factors to check your spending habit, if you have really been a spendthrift?

Always have the urge to shop

Are you always looking forward to your next shopping time? You don’t only think about it but act on it. Then you are a spendthrift, you need to check it

Overspending

Do you like over buying things, you go to buy a shoe and you desire to have different colors of them, without thinking about the deep cut of your pocket, then you are a spendthrift. Work on it

Parting with huge sum for frivolities

Do you buy anything that catches your fancy without looking at the money involved? You need to put a stop to it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I do not consider myself a spendthrift but I have to admit that there are times that I overspend. Usually when I go abroad or a trip for local vacation my budget is more than enough because I do not want to be disappointed that I could not buy what I want. In other words I always splurge especially when I am on a foreign trip. But in my ordinary days I spend just little. In fact I always stay home as much as I can because I enjoy our home and I hate going out because of the heavy traffic on the main road. That is why I enjoy working online because that saves me money instead of going to the movies or visiting friends when I have nothing to do. Working online can earn me coins and I just stay at home.

Chirunim

I used to be very spendthrift some months ago but I have put more discipline and control on my finances since August 2020.

But also it helps to just get what you want and be comfortable for a good life, many believe the aim of having money is so that you can spend it, that is, money is meant to be spent.

But you know one needs to save up and put tight measures on finance, so you can eat today and also have some to eat tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing, Augusta.