A career in acting

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Some of the younger people that I know have the inclination to be in the movies. Their reason is the money that they can earn if they become a movie star. That is a natural mentality of people who are fond of movies. They want to be an actor that someday can have a chance to be popular.

I had been in the movie industry for more than 10 years and I’d say a career as an actor is worth it if you get the good breaks. But times are not always friendly to you. There was one guy who was the lead actor in a movie that was a blockbuster. The title was Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros which was about a gay teenager. It was a funny movie that I even got to interview the guy who played Maximo. Unfortunately I have not seen him again in any movie. To think that his first and last movie was a blockbuster then what happened to his career?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's really disheartening to see such movie star who acted a lead part in the blockbuster movie to disappear without trace. Didn't he want to take another hit role and market his talent and earn enough cash for that? Maybe he retired after making whole lots of money from the lone blockbuster movie he featured inside. Sometimes bad luck from their native home never wanted them to meet it far in their career choice.