5 Skills That Will Help Your Agriculture Business.

Maks25

What skills might you need if you started an agricultural
business?
1. Group organization management
For a small farmer groups 20 - 25 people. If they are going
to stay together and manage themselves effectively over
time
2. Savings and financial management,

Very vital for individuals and groups to successfully move
out of poverty.
3. Basic business and marketing skills Important if
people are going to engage effectively with markets.
4. Technology and Innovation

As soon as the groups become involved in business, they
understand that they need to access and apply new
technology.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I may not agree with the first point but I am not saying it is wrong. There are many agricultural business that we can do without the help of many people. It is run by only one person and it is making sense.
The skills I think are required by farmers include the apart from the one you have mentioned are transport system. Transportation system will prevent the agricultural produce from getting spoilt and make it readily available on the market.
Also storage system, many of the farmers deal in perishable agricultural produce, therefore they need storage, in order to store their goods from getting spoilt and available during the wrought. These to the best of m understanding are the systems that farmers require.

Profwriter

What skills might you need if you started an agricultural
business?
1. Group organization management
For a small farmer groups 20 - 25 people. If they are going
to stay together and manage themselves effectively over
time
2. Savings and financial management,

Very vital for individuals and groups to successfully move
out of poverty.
3. Basic business and marketing skills Important if
people are going to engage effectively with markets.
4. Technology and Innovation

As soon as the groups become involved in business, they
understand that they need to access and apply new
technology.
Proper understanding of the line of the agricultural business is vital so that you don't loose money. Alot of people have made money with agriculture and many have also lost money with it. The difference is the technical knowledge engaged and employed to make it happen. Agriculture has two main branches, growing of crops and rearing of animals, you can decide if you want to go for livestock or growing of crops.
Another thing that can be of great help is storage facilities, most agricultural products are perishable and have low shelf life but with good storage structure, you can preserve your farm products.

Olajidey

Well, agric business needs you to know what you are doing in other for you not do mistake that will cost lost. A person can control many hectares of land what the person needs it to labour either manual labour or mechanical labour to carry out some certain operation on the farm.
You can either do poultry farming or crop farming, poultry farming can be automated that few people can control thousands of birds but in crop farming, not all the activities can be fully automated.

Joseph555

Success is not being determined by the amount of skill you have but having success in work or business goes a long way they speak about your efficiency castability and perseverance it is worthy of note that only having a skill will not and can never give you the desired result if you are not consistent in your business and also showed strong will they be successful if you have skill and you are lazy it is what I have no that they said skill cannot provide the needed result so the best thing to do is to show strong wheel do your work don't look back and be trustworthy

Lekhraj19

Verified member
These are really nice suggestions. As my father is involved in a company as a Sales Officer in this agriculture field, I have seen the way he deals with the agriculture sales. There is a kind of cold talk he makes contacting the distributors who could be for the company. And, these things happen in this field with your deals and the trust that you can make in the market of yours, whether you are involved in the business of your own or working as an employee there. Here, also you need to deal with the farmers and their priorities when it comes to the purchase of the product or any kind of service.